Cleveland Motorcycle Show 2014

Casper

I think this was the last year for the show for a while. It really kind of sucked. Maybe ill start going again when my daughter will appreciate it. Too many people, too many vendors selling cheap chinese crap. Oh and lord like seriously, if you're going to have women scantly clothed... You reall should import them from down south. Not use ohio girls....

Oh and those ass holes at the ducati booth. Fuck them....

Personally I enjoyed the show, I got to sit on a bunch of bikes, met up with some friends, made a couple new ones. The only thing that sucked was that I didn't spend any time with any OR people at the after party. I really need to work on my social awkwardness & anxiety...

And on top of that, now I want a new ZX6r...

Same here - I had an enjoyable time at the show even though I couldn't join up with others for the after-party.

I sat on more than 40 bikes and talked with many of the vendor reps. I could say something about each of the bikes but what stood out to me were: I love my new DL650 but I still like the BMW F700GS - their red color looks great in person. I thought I'd like Beemer's scoot more but I was more impressed with the value of Zuki's Bergman 400. BMW's Nine T looked and felt fantastic, so did Yammy's FZ-09. I now want a Ducati monster, those bastards, and I hope they don't notify me about test rides this summer. Honda's CB500 line felt great, and wow, what a nice price for the package. There wasn't a single adult-sized dual sport bike I remotely felt comfortable on with my 29" inseam, so I'm keeping my eyes open for a cheap, used CRF230L later this year. Triumph's Bonneville still rings my bell, and I rather liked the Royal Enfield line's styling. I dug the Ural but could never own one. Honda's CB1100 felt great but there are too many other options in that price range to call it a category winner (and this from a CB700SC owner). There were a billion HD owners there - I bet over a million $ in walking advertisements! One drunk HD fan tried to pick a fight with by buddy for knocking his beer (why the guy had a full cup in a compacted isle is beyond me). The Indian booth was at least as busy as the HD booth - very cool to see what appeared to be a warm reception. Thunder Road's model was signing autographs and taking pics. I think I saw Aimee there but there were too many folks by their booth to say hi when I walked through. There weren't many deals to be had there, so if a person was looking for them, I can see how they'd be disappointed. One company had decent armored jackets and pants for reasonable show discount prices. There were a lot of "trinkets and trash" vendors, but you get that at any show, whether it be for motorcycles, guns, home and garden...

All and all a good time though - I'm glad I went.

I think this was the last year for the show for a while. It really kind of sucked. Maybe ill start going again when my daughter will appreciate it. Too many people, too many vendors selling cheap chinese crap. Oh and lord like seriously, if you're going to have women scantly clothed... You reall should import them from down south. Not use ohio girls....

Oh and those ass holes at the ducati booth. Fuck them....

Please PM me the issues with the Ducati booth.

I showed up with a buddy around 2:30 or so, immediately after having made a handshake deal to buy a new-to-me FZ1 that morning. Had a blast!

Really enjoyed seeing some exotic rides for the first time. Was really impressed with the KTM RC8, but I fell in love with that Thruxton cafe-racer done up in old-timey red-and-white livery.

Got pictures that'll be up later.

I went to the show Sunday morning. Not much traffic but not surprising considering the SB, and crappy road conditions at that time. Little too much attention from the sales people because they were bored though.

FZ-09 was very nice. Would be my first choice of all the streetbikes I saw. 

The Grom was tiny to look at but didn't seem too bad when I sat on it. I'd still have to swing my knees out the the way to make a tight turn though :)

Still want a WR250R. Seemed a better fit than the KLX or CRF and more refined, but without the stratospheric price tag of the KTM, DRZ was nice too. I realized the XT250 is tiny by comparison. Obviously designed for a smaller (and lighter) rider. I would think a short inseam rider would have no problem with one. 

The Ducs are sweet but I cant handle being folded up onto the racing platforms. The Hypermotard and Hyperstrada were the ones I like best. I'm still drawn to the Diavel but dont see any reason why I would buy one.

The F800GS, Triumph Tiger 800XC are nice machines but the Vstrom still seems like a better value for most people. I'll keep mine for a while. Still runs great and does everything I need even if it is 10 years old. 

Craig

^^

That was the first time I saw a Diavel in person.  It kinda reminded me of Jessica Simpson...when she got fat.

I like the Monster 1200 more than I thought I would.  That's the first Duc that I am seriously considering owning.  I'll be looking to test ride the Monster and the BMW S1000R this season.

Mandatory visual aid:

simpson.jpg

Edited by Tpoppa

Went there Saturday, my first trip.  It was OK.  It was cool to see all the new bikes and be able to actually sit on them.  I wish there had been more of a, "marketplace" where you could buy shirts and hats and whatnot.

I can think of worse ways that I could spend a rainy, cold, gloomy Saturday in January though...

I drove up from Cinci on Saturday morning, and back home again Saturday night.  I too was disappointed by the vendors area this year.  There were a couple of items that I was looking to score a good deal on, but really didn't see anything worth pulling my wallet out of my pocket.  I did enjoy the new bikes, and am now, more than ever, convinced that my next ride will be a bagger of some sort. 

I talked to you at the bar too, even though the other anti socials wouldn't talk to you. And you're shorter than I expected :)

You did, it was nice to meet you. You were taller than I expected. ;) I would have come over and talked to everyone but I don't do well with big groups of people I don't know, so instead of having an anxiety attack, I stayed with my group.

Wait, how do you know how tall I was? I was sitting down when you came over.

You did, it was nice to meet you. You were taller than I expected. ;) I would have come over and talked to everyone but I don't do well with big groups of people I don't know, so instead of having an anxiety attack, I stayed with my group.

Wait, how do you know how tall I was? I was sitting down when you came over.

I watched closely both times you walked downstairs lol