Wayne Closed Due To Gubment Shutdown

max power

From the Wayne website:

Due to the lapse in federal government funding, the U.S. Forest Service, as with other federal agencies, is closed with the exception of certain essential services. However, we will attempt to make timely updates about public health and safety on these web pages as appropriate. We sincerely regret this inconvenience. For general information on Forest Service shutdown procedures, please visit USDA’s website.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wayne

Let do like the WWII vets and show up in large numbers and reopen it!

It's our LAND!!! Let it be free!

Just kidding. Then all theopportunistic hippy/redneck trash would be cutting down trees, squatting, shooting everything, leaving trash everywhere, and camping permanently.

I know. Hey can we request some of our money back, since we cant use the park that we paid for?

We didn't pay for it... That's why it's closed...

Had congress passed a spending resolution (to pay for it), then it would be open.

Edited by magley64

But your facts are wrong. Many of us here did in fact pay to use the trails.

You paid membership admission, but "we" didn't pay for the park.

Its also a really lame thing to bitch about when some people aren't getting paychecks to support their family.

Edited by magley64

You paid membership admission, but "we" didn't pay for the park.

Its also a really lame thing to bitch about when some people aren't getting paychecks to support their family.

I didn't pay for a membership. I paid for a trail access pass. If I can't access the trails, I'm not getting what I paid for. Pretty simple actually.

I don't find it lame at all, although I never bitched about anything. Simply letting you know your facts are not actually facts.

For those who aren't getting a paycheck (for any reason, not just gov't failure), let me know what you do for a living. I'd be more than happy to help you find a job.

If you are receiving a paycheck and the gov't failure hasn't impacted you, but you still use it as a pawn in a fruitless argument; get bent.

• Upvote 2

Spoken like a true liberal. "Spend" to fix a debt problem.

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone

I'm not trying to fix a debt problem, I'm pointing out that national parks are only open because of government money. All the government services we've come to enjoy cost money. Bitching about what government spends, and simultaneously bitching about what the government isn't spending money on is pretty funny.

I didn't pay for a membership. I paid for a trail access pass. If I can't access the trails, I'm not getting what I paid for. Pretty simple actually.

I don't find it lame at all, although I never bitched about anything. Simply letting you know your facts are not actually facts.

For those who aren't getting a paycheck (for any reason, not just gov't failure), let me know what you do for a living. I'd be more than happy to help you find a job.

If you are receiving a paycheck and the gov't failure hasn't impacted you, but you still use it as a pawn in a fruitless argument; get bent.

Well I'm a government employee and I am "required to report for duty" but the people whom process the payroll are considered non-essential so I won't get a paycheck for awhile. If they get this crap fixed by Friday I may be ok but otherwise it will be at least a month between checks before I get a paycheck. Luckily I pay most of my bills out of my first check. I've got a bit put away but after looking at the savings balance and the out going for bills and living essentials its a little scary looking ahead. I'm hoping if this goes on too long my car loan and mortgage company will allow me to defer payments without a negative hit to my credit. I've got coworkers that have scheduled leave (vacation days) scheduled for over a year and they have been cancelled. Even though they made plans to fly and paid for tickets they are still required to report to work.

I will eventually get a check for the time I'm working now but I don't know when. It's hard to budget for that. Then when I do get paid its going to be on 1 check and in a higher tax bracket. So basically the government is going to make money off me.

So Casper you know what I do if not I can PM you but what have you got job wise in my field? What's the pay look like? I like my current job and pay I get now when I receive it but wouldn't mind being back in Ohio.

Edited by cOoTeR
  • Upvote 1