3 Day Trip Wv And Southern Ohio

Mary#17

My husband and I finally were able to get out for two evenings together earlier in the week. First time we got two nights away from the kids since my daughter was born 6.5 years ago! We left Sunday morning and came back on Tuesday evening. Rode for two days in West Virginia and the last day in Ohio. West Virginia has Great Roads!! Very impressed. Great sight lines and banked never ending sweepers. Good times! We don't stop much except for gas but here is a picture of some falls in WV. You can also see some of the rain clouds that chased us Monday morning.

WV Falls small

In WV, we hit 14,36,16,60,41.  All of these roads were quite fun. The endless sweepers and banked turns were really a plus.

In OH, we hit 26, 800, and 556.  26 has some lane closures and very new pavement (ie asphalt in your front fender - almost as bad as nails on a chalkboard). I haven't been on 800 in a while and had forgotten how much fun a couple of sections are.

Did about 265 miles on Day 1, 235 on Day 2 and finished off with about 160 in Ohio. Good trip.

Mary

• Upvote 2

Nice. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy time with your spouse. Lyns and I haven't been on our bikes together since May. Then, she went to Deals Gap without me a couple weeks ago. She's a heartless beast. :(

Ouch! I hope you make it out together soon. The bikes are our date nights. If we didn't have them, I'm not sure we'd spend anytime away together. ;)

West Virginia has Great Roads!! Very impressed. Great sight lines and banked never ending sweepers.

WV has some awesome sport bike roads.  The roads tend to be built around the hills rather than go right over the hills like in SEO.  So, WV has less blind hills and more high speed sweepers.   I love riding in WV, but it seems to happen less often these days. 

• Upvote 1

WV has some awesome sport bike roads.  The roads tend to be built around the hills rather than go right over the hills like in SEO.  So, WV has less blind hills and more high speed sweepers.   I love riding in WV, but it seems to happen less often these days. 

Yup. That's really what if felt like. We did a three day trip through NC, SC, Tenn, and GA and although there were some really phenomenal roads, WV was still a whole lot of fun. We will be planning more trips that way next year for sure.

Yup. That's really what if felt like. We did a three day trip through NC, SC, Tenn, and GA and although there were some really phenomenal roads, WV was still a whole lot of fun. We will be planning more trips that way next year for sure.

Let me know if you're planning an extended WV route.  I might know a good road or 2 ;)

• Upvote 1