Obama Hates Bikers But Loves.....

Tonik

I took a full year of a History of The Middle East class in college and I hardly remember any of that shit because it was boring as hell. I wouldn't call Islam inherently violent but I wouldn't call it inherenty peaceful either. They do however condone violence more so than the few other religions I have experience with

I took a full year of a History of The Middle East class in college and I hardly remember any of that shit because it was boring as hell. I wouldn't call Islam inherently violent but I wouldn't call it inherenty peaceful either. They do however condone violence more so than the few other religions I have experience with

compared to...?

Wicca, absolutely, witches are extremely peaceful.

Buddhists? Eh, part of buddhism requires you to kill him if you meet him. (kinda cuts back on people falsely claiming to be gods)

Hindus? Pretty peaceful overall

as for the abrahamic faiths, they are more or less equally violent.

Edited by magley64

I'm pretty happy with the world and society I live in... maybe you should move here...

just not too close, I like my neighbors to be at least 200 feet away.

You obviously live in a a different society and world it appears, or maybe you have a psychosis?

Okay, I will jump into the fray here.

First, the comparisons between muslims and christians have been of 2013 muslims compared to the christians of the Dark Ages or earlier.  Is that really an equal comparison?  I think that most of the world has moved beyond the violence that took place during the Dark Ages and have at least become a little more humane.  Unfortunately, in 2013, we still see people eating the hearts of other humans and cutting heads off.  It is much more often than not, that these horrific inhumane things take place at the hands of muslims (extremist or otherwise).

The "march" falls more under the category of having some common sense.  If a gang of bikers blew up the world trade center, and then other bikers wanted to build a biker bar a block away from the site or have a poker run on the same day that the bombings took place; there would be enormous outrage across the cournty.  The bikers mave have the best intentions of the poker run, and maybe were even going to donate all of the money they raised to the vctims familes; but it would still be a bad PR move to do it on the same day.  

I encourage the good muslims of thi country to band together, stand up, and speak out loudy against the violence of extrememist using their religion as an excuse to murder.  Unfortunatley, we only hear slight wimpers from the good muslims.  I honestly think they don't speak out for fear or retliation from the "extreme" muslims. 

Good Muslims shouls show us that the violence is not accepted.  The should speak out against the nut jobs.  Speak out Loudly and Clearly.  And they shouldn't dance around the issue and point at christians from the Dark Ages.  Just make a clear statement that the murder of innocent people is wrong!

Okay, I will jump into the fray here.

First, the comparisons between muslims and christians have been of 2013 muslims compared to the christians of the Dark Ages or earlier.  Is that really an equal comparison?

I also compared al-queda to the KKK...

I have heard just as many (or more) muslims come out and condemn al-queda as I've heard protestants come out and condemn the KKK.

AGAIN to clarify, we're talking about fringe groups using religion as their excuse... not the religion itself.

When people start talking about the religion itself, that's when christianity loses it's credibility because the most common and official church of christianity (the catholic church) officially sactioned those atrocities mentioned.

The "religion" of islam is also much younger than christianity, so they haven't had as much time to mellow out as western christians have. (read christians were much more violent at this stage in the religion's development.)

Also, by and large the violent muslim groups you've been stereotyping with (al queda) are of the shia, not sunni (sunni is the largest group by a wide margin)