Obama Hates Bikers But Loves.....

Tonik

I thought that the issue was the peaceful demonstration of a group of motorcyclists in opposition to a group of muslims demonstrating on the anniversary of the muslim attack on our country?  I see no reason why the riders would not be granted a non-stop pass thru the city, but I'm glad that they weren't granted that pass.  Now their presence will have a greater impact on the area because of the flood of bikes stopping and starting thru the city.  Good for them, and wish I were going to be there.

• Upvote 4

I thought that the issue was the peaceful demonstration of a group of motorcyclists in opposition to a group of muslims demonstrating on the anniversary of the muslim attack on our country?  I see no reason why the riders would not be granted a non-stop pass thru the city, but I'm glad that they weren't granted that pass.  Now their presence will have a greater impact on the area because of the flood of bikes stopping and starting thru the city.  Good for them, and wish I were going to be there.

If they wanted to have a peaceful demonstration that didn't involve shutting down a number of public roads, I'm willing to bet dollars to pesos that it would have been approved...

Edited by magley64

Unfortunately, the short-sighted powers that be decided that, instead of shutting a few public roads for two hours to allow the demonstrators to pass, they will now have to contend with the flood of demonstrators on bikes grid-locking the city for the majority of the day.  Access to public roads cannot be denied to the law abiding public.

Unfortunately, the short-sighted powers that be decided that, instead of shutting a few public roads for two hours to allow the demonstrators to pass, they will now have to contend with the flood of demonstrators on bikes grid-locking the city for the majority of the day.  Access to public roads cannot be denied to the law abiding public.

True.. but I'm willing to bet it's not going to have a noticeable impact on traffic in DC... which is already pretty crappy.

Unfortunately, the short-sighted powers that be decided that, instead of shutting a few public roads for two hours to allow the demonstrators to pass, they will now have to contend with the flood of demonstrators on bikes grid-locking the city for the majority of the day. Access to public roads cannot be denied to the law abiding public.

I sure hope for the rider's sake that fall temps prevail. DC tarmac traffic snarls can really, truly SUCK.

I thought that the issue was the peaceful demonstration of a group of motorcyclists in opposition to a group of muslims demonstrating on the anniversary of the muslim attack on our country?

Don't you think it's wrong to stereotype an entire culture/religion because of a few radicals? I don't think it was a Muslim attack on our country, but rather a terrorist attack. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

True.. but I'm willing to bet it's not going to have a noticeable impact on traffic in DC... which is already pretty crappy.

lol i think you forget what happened in paris and other major european cities in 2010

http://ukfrancebikers.com/2010/03/14/french-motorcyclists-more-angry-than-ever/

Don't you think it's wrong to stereotype an entire culture/religion because of a few radicals? I don't think it was a Muslim attack on our country, but rather a terrorist attack. 

NO! it was muslims, obama is a secret muzlum, all muzlums hate 'merica... only christian nation loved by god, and hated by izlams cuz of our freedom and real true god.

silly logical argument that islam was used as an excuse by the terrorists and a scapegoat by the media ...pshh

Islam is liable for 9/11 the same way christianity is liable for abortion clinic bombings, everything done by the KKK, and every hate crime against gays...

Edited by magley64
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

alright, I got $5 that says it's a blip... barely noticeable...

I'll buy you lunch sometime if the permit is really rejected and its no big deal. If I are winrar and its turns into a big clusterfuck, then you'll owe me lunch. You gotta come to mentor though, I ain't going out to asstabula.

If they wanted to have a peaceful demonstration that didn't involve shutting down a number of public roads, I'm willing to bet dollars to pesos that it would have been approved...

you really are naive aren't you???

And until you've seen the pictures of how big this ended up getting, you might want to hold off on the "no impact" thoughts.

I for one am trying to go on this "fart parade", but not sure I can get away from work that long. Really f'in pissed that I may not make it

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone

I'll buy you lunch sometime if the permit is really rejected and its no big deal. If I are winrar and its turns into a big clusterfuck, then you'll owe me lunch. You gotta come to mentor though, I ain't going out to asstabula.

you're on, we can do melt.