Syria

Casper

US Military Action in Syria  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should the US military strike Syria?

• Yes
    • No

The only "fact" you gave was that children were killed. The rest are irrational assumptions based on incomplete facts and/or rumors. "Seems pretty apparent", "becoming clearer", "seems the answer", et cetera are descriptors you would use for facts. Then we have my favorite, "Are we willing to accept that this country uses chemical weapons against it's citizens without any consequence whatsoever?" This is an emotional appeal, red herring fallacy. Your "facts" are full of hasty generalizations. Thanks for trying though. Come back with the facts then we can talk. 

I don't have the facts, as I've stated in several of my replies...

Congress has been briefed on the facts, and all of my responses have been IF > THEN

If the facts come out that syria did NOT use these weapons, then our actions should reflect that.

Your freaking idiotic response just reinforces why everyone here thinks you are a troll.  So what you are saying is that unless someone is an enlisted person, they have no say in any of this?  MFer, if I would be accepted into the Armed Forces, I would gladly enlist.  I tried to when 9/11 occurred, but I was not accepted because of my age then.  WHATS YOUR FREAKING EXCUSE?

YOUR response inferred that if I didn't enlist, then i had no say...

I don't need an excuse...

His facebook status, august 22nd Verbatim

"WHAT THE FUCK AMERICA? Are we going to let Syria's Government use chemical weapons on kids and women. More than 100,000 dead and the displacement of over 1,000,000 Syrian civilians. How about we stand up for what's right... Write your Senators and Congress members and tell them you want troops on ground in Syria..

He is under-informed, and sounds rather excitable. 

Those numbers are the total of the Civil war since it started- and those are suspect, World health org says 50,000, and thats too many, but, its a CIVIL war.

Your excitable cousin wants us to believe that 100,000 civi's have been gassed. And that led to the displacement of a million?

Where is he on the genocide in Africa that goes on...constantly....for the last 50 years? boots on the ground there too?

Mag, you're what, 25? why aren't YOU enlisted? (I'm 55, too young for the one in the 70's and too old for the ones in the 80's) 

Gold, solid gold, LOL

• Upvote 1

Congress has been briefed on the facts, and all of my responses have been IF > THEN

If the facts come out that syria did NOT use these weapons, then our actions should reflect that.

I agree that Someone should do something, but does it always have to be us?

Trash needs taking out, who's gonna do it...

governments using chemical weapons against their own people...

I agree, but are we willing to look the other way while the syrian government poisons it's own people? How big of an atrocity would it have to become to justify our involvement?

It's a war crime.

And one of many war crimes commited by this government...apparently

yeah... respond to a country poisoning it's own people with sarin by firing a nuke at those same people? smart... :nono:

firing a few missiles at their military installations makes the most sense in response to what is becoming a clear violation of the geneva convention regarding the use of chemical weapons.

So to hell with the geneva convention and international law? Fuck innocent civilians?

In a nut shell?

So you admit that you're jumping to conclusions and assuming Assad is guilty before knowing any facts. Thank you.

• Upvote 3

Please continue that string....

Who/what is the trash in this instance? 

governments using chemical weapons against their own people...

Proof? Please don't tell me, "because Obama and Cameron say so."

The UN inspectors haven't concluded anything yet as far as I'm aware. The Syrian government says the rebels used chemical weapons. The rebels say it was the government. 

My personal stance, we should follow Israel's example: 

Sorry I'm not privy to top secret intelligence reports... but it seems to be more and more likely that this is the case.

If it is the case, then what? sit back and let governments poison and squash oppressed people fighting for their freedom?

Personally? I don't care, you know my position.... pull our troops out of ALL foreign territories and let the other countries deal with their own shit...

But since we've decided that we're policing the world, we should do so with an even hand... And quit babying israel, they can handle themselves.

So you admit that you're jumping to conclusions and assuming Assad is guilty before knowing any facts. Thank you.

I'm not assuming anything....

I've already said I'm undecided, but I'm not privy to all the facts...

IF they did it, someone should do something

IF nobody else will (see UN or NATO) then we will have to

IF we don't, then we send the message that we don't give a damn about the rules anymore, and it becomes a free for all of nerve gassses, mustard gas poisons, nuclear radiation poisoning, a big mixed bag of nasty shit.

wait, I'm figuring it out...if my 9 oclock had been on time, I'd wouldn't be sucked into this, but let me just give it a shot

...Let me get this straight, a Nobel Peace Prize winner and a former anti-war protester get together to start a war for no reason. They set a red line to help our enemy who are Muslim extremists.

The red line is promptly crossed, so they set another one which is crossed again.

We are told they did not really set a red line, but rather we did.

They provide evidence of our red line being crossed without providing anything.

We find out that we are really mercenary whores for the Arabs who must sacrifice our soldiers because it's all paid for.

Then for moral leadership they make an equivalent comparison to the sacrifices our soldiers made during World War II to shame us into action. Another enemy - the Russians - try to talk some sense into us to help us out, but they won't listen because the Russians can't be trusted.

The lead RINO in charge is so morally committed to this cause that during the hearings he gambles over $1000 in virtual online poker money and loses. Then he laughs and jokes about it.

Personally, I am inspired by this leadership and think you all are a bunch of homos for not supporting this war. Only homos and commies don't want to go to war, homos.
commie homos
  • Upvote 3

They set a red line to help our enemy who are Muslim extremists.

The red line is promptly crossed, so they set another one which is crossed again.

We are told they did not really set a red line, but rather we did.

Congress did by ratifying the Geneva convention...

Had they used mechanical means to kill people (good ol' fashioned lead bullets) then I'd say we don't get involved...

Once one side or the other starts using nerve gas, we have an obligation to make a statement to the world that this type of shit will not be tolerated.

Edited by magley64

I'm not assuming anything....

I've already said I'm undecided, but I'm not privy to all the facts...

IF they did it, someone should do something

IF nobody else will (see UN or NATO) then we will have to

IF we don't, then we send the message that we don't give a damn about the rules anymore, and it becomes a free for all of nerve gassses, mustard gas poisons, nuclear radiation poisoning, a big mixed bag of nasty shit.

Neither is our Government and intelligence.

magpie, I grow tired of an illogical  battle with you.

Geneva convention..which part? where we can't torture? where everyone is supposed to wear a uniform? where we hold prisoners without charge in Guantanamo?

Hey, guess what?

You were how old when 9-11 broke out, and the world wanted to make things right, the perfect age to sign up, no?

Which part of the GenCon are you talking about, the one in the late 40's? The 50's, or the 2000's? Its been ammended, voted, ratified, battled over constantly.

Suggesting the law of the land is we roll and stomp if someone bends, breaks or steps outside the confines of laws that the UN has tried to impose is bullshit, foolish and not how shit is done. 

Perfect world with unicorns and shit? yes.

Real world with a broke nation, parents grieving dead sons, and a fucking leader who isn't worth my urine if his head were on fire? Just yesterday Kerry was arguing that Chris Stone was partly to blame for getting killed at Benghazi. 

Almost TEN years now of listening to Kerry, Pelosi, Hillary, and Obama talking about how bad Bush was, and turn around and seemingly want us to forget all that, and charge off to help some Muslim extremists who still  bomb christians, stone gays, cut hands off kids and  behead and gas their own?

fuck no.

Edited by Medina
  • Upvote 1

magpie, I grow tired of an illogical  battle with you.

Geneva convention..which part? where we can't torture? where everyone is supposed to wear a uniform? where we hold prisoners without charge in Guantanamo?

Hey, guess what?

You were how old when 9-11 broke out, and the world wanted to make things right, the perfect age to sign up, no?

I was 17... sitting in a calculus class...

What would the military do about a terrorist attack... if we were going to war with another country.. maybe my decision would have been different. But "war on terror" is a bullshit endeavor, you can't go to war with an idea because bullets don't hurt ideas, they only hurt people.

And I've been all for closing Gitmo from day 1, and have been against torture from day 1... so I'm not sure what exactly your point is...

What would the military do about a terrorist attack... if we were going to war with another country.. maybe my decision would have been different. But "war on terror" is a bullshit endeavor, you can't go to war with an idea because bullets don't hurt ideas, they only hurt people.

And I've been all for closing Gitmo from day 1, and have been against torture from day 1... so I'm not sure what exactly your point is...

There are very humane ways of torture, it is not all about pulling fingernails and putting a battery to your nuts. If mental torture and other humane means gets the info we ned that saves American lives......I AM 110% FOR IT. 

You were sitting in the intelligence briefing? Please tell me exactly what evidence we have and where we are lacking evidence...

LOL......you are a piece of work dude. Yes......somebody used chemical weapons, but placing the blame on Assad is a mistake at this point. And it still does not honestly matter who did it, us getting involved in this never ending civil war is a clusterfuck of epic proportions. We are aiding the enemy if we do this, it is a lose lose situation. It is an ugly situation any way that you look at it, either way we will be losing with either decision. And my son is in the Army as a Senior in Highschool, he ships out to Ft Benning next June for basic........"he is infantry", and as his FATHER I for sure do not want him involved in this shit.

You're killing me smalls.

"he is infantry", and as his FATHER I for sure do not want him involved in this shit.

What a coincidence, my military cousin just re-upped for infantry...

the same one who JUST posted all those things about syria...

maybe your kid will be fortunate enough to serve in hawaii with my cuz...

Only thing I give a fuck about is what potentially would potentially happen to the USA in years to come if we take no action or if we take action. Which I don't know, so what are the risks? Since its hard to decipher with little time to read or watch 80 billion reports.

Only thing I give a fuck about is what potentially would potentially happen to the USA in years to come if we take no action or if we take action. Which I don't know, so what are the risks? Since its hard to decipher with little time to read or watch 80 billion reports.

That there is the problem................

What a coincidence, my military cousin just re-upped for infantry...

the same one who JUST posted all those things about syria...

maybe your kid will be fortunate enough to serve in hawaii with my cuz...

Oh I hope and pray my Son heads to Hawaii, and would be cool if he were to somehow meet your cousin.

Edited by Pokey