Syria

Casper

US Military Action in Syria  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should the US military strike Syria?

• Yes
    • No

so no one gives a damn about the pegasus pipeline as an example of what is going to happen down the road with keystone?

OR all the evidence showing that it will actually drive global gas prices HIGHER?

SERIOUSLY?

how do you heat your home?

per your strict use of definitions

Few: a small number of.

synonyms: a small number, a handful, one or two, a couple, two or three

so yes, everything I've heard and read shows that it will be significantly more than a few

Everything I've read/heard says it's going the opposite fucking direction... please point me to one of your sources that says it will actually lower gas prices and by how much....

Everything I've read/heard says it's going the opposite fucking direction... please point me to one of your sources that says it will actually lower gas prices and by how much....

again I don't have them nor am I going to look them up because I'm lazy and don't feel like it. I'd rather you give me your sources and go from there. If you missed why I don't have any then that is your issue not mine

https://www.google.com/search?q=keysone+xl+gas+prices&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=keystone+xl+gas+prices&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&safe=off

page after page after page keystone XL "raises" gas prices, by most estimates 40 cents per gallon...

and notice nowhere in the search terms did i put the words raise or lower as to skew the results one way or the other...

the first result i could find of it "lowering" gas prices was a quote from a texas politician, wonder where most of his campaign contributions come from... big oil maybe?

Edited by magley64

tons of links yet all based off only one study it seems. I didn't click links though and only looked at the first page

that's exactly why I was asking, I'd love to see some hard numbers, i really would love to compare the apples to the oranges, but I can't find ANY studies so far that actually say the price will go down by more than  2 cents...

that's exactly why I was asking, I'd love to see some hard numbers, i really would love to compare the apples to the oranges, but I can't find ANY studies so far that actually say the price will go down by more than  2 cents...

If I had them I'd post them but they were all presentations from industry crap I got stuck going to. One of which was a Domestic Drilling debate thing, that is the one that talked most of the pipeline and effects

Edited by Bad324

so you're willing to risk other people's homes/lives/health for a few cents off a gallon?

Are you saying the risk of a spill is less moral than a Tomahawk missile strike?

The moral high ground of your argument is invalid.

So war in the Middle East is preferred, killing hundreds if not thousands?

Now who is risking other people's homes/lives/health?

Sometimes I think you go off before you think things through.

If we don't get the oil from here, we'll get it from there, but make no mistake, we will get it from somewhere.

Are you saying the risk of a spill is less moral than a Tomahawk missile strike?

The moral high ground of your argument is invalid.

So war in the Middle East is preferred, killing hundreds if not thousands?

Now who is risking other people's homes/lives/health?

Sometimes I think you go off before you think things through.

If we don't get the oil from here, we'll get it from there, but make no mistake, we will get it from somewhere.

Are we talking about americans or syrians?

also how does "saving a couple cents per gallon" equate to "responding in force to war crimes"

Is it worth risking the property/health/safety of everyday american people to pump liquid shit under their back yard to make gasoline a "little" cheaper (if at all)?

is it worth firing a bunch of missiles at military bases in syria in response to war crimes allegedly committed by that government?

Those are 2 completely different issues, to pretend they are the same is absurd.

Edited by magley64

so no one gives a damn about the pegasus pipeline as an example of what is going to happen down the road with keystone?

OR all the evidence showing that it will actually drive global gas prices HIGHER?

SERIOUSLY?

pegasus+pipeline+accurate+w+counties-1-2

From the report on the failure:

The line, which was built in the 1940s and delivers 96,000 barrels a day to Gulf Coast refineries from Patoka, Illinois, was shut March 29 2013 after spilling 5,000 barrels of oil in Arkansas. Exxon said on July 11 that the report showed the line failed because of original manufacturing defects.

The failed seam was electric resistance-welded, Exxon said in its statement. ERW seams in pipelines built before 1970 are known to have defects, according to a 1989 federal report, and the process was changed in the 1960s to use higher-frequency current.

So the 70 year old pipe failed. They repaired it and are still using it but even so it was 70 years old before it failed.

Your going to hold this up as an example of why we should make war in the middle east instead of taking care of business at home.

You do have the right to say what you want. However I have to say I don't think much of your argument.

So the 70 year old pipe failed. They repaired it and are still using it but even so it was 70 years old before it failed.

Your going to hold this up as an example of why we should make war in the middle east instead of taking care of business at home.

You do have the right to say what you want. However I have to say I don't think much of your argument.

where will your children or grandchildren be living in 70 years?

How long until it fails again? Will it continue to last 70 years before failure or will it start breaking more and more as time goes on?

as for where we get our oil... only 13% comes from the middle east NOW...

Edited by magley64

The "OUTRAGE" is strong with this one.

25.jpg

Thinking things through, not so much.

NEWS FLASH!!!!

The USA doesn't care about war crimes unless they happen in oil rich countries.

On a related note, as usual this conversation has gone the way of so many others.

sinking_ship-1.jpg

Please feel free to continue without me as you are doing so well in that respect already.

Good day.

what's wrong? No answers to number 40?

Is israel an oil rich country? cause the government seems to be kissing their asses all the time...

It makes no difference what I say back to you.

You will take some other tack on some other topic and challenge me to refute it. As you have done this entire thread.

I don't have the patience to educate you on your alarming lack of a grasp of how the real world actually works.

You have a good day now.

• Upvote 3

It makes no difference what I say back to you.

You will take some other tack on some other topic and challenge me to refute it. As you have done this entire thread.

I don't have the patience to educate you on your alarming lack of a grasp of how the real world actually works.

You have a good day now.

Exactly as I thought... no reponse...

where will your children or grandchildren be living in 70 years? Do you care?

How long until it fails again?

Will it continue to last 70 years before failure or will it start breaking more and more as time goes on?

The answers are clear, it's an old pipeline, it will continue to crack and rupture at a faster rate because it's getting weaker over time.

as for where we get our oil... only 13% comes from the middle east NOW...

If there is a reasonable argument for building a NEW pipeline, it's to replace an old one, but if the keystone gets built, will they drain the pegasus and stop using it?

I'm betting not, instead greed will cause them to run both until it ruptures again and needs repair, and ruptures again, they will keep repairing it until it has more repairs than original pipeline.... then the keystone will rupture...

thousands of gallons of liquid shit running through suburban neighborhoods, into people's basements, rivers, lakes, and streams... and what do those people get?

Edited by magley64

I wish more people voted for him, too.... but using the term "false flag"? Really?

Cmon man, that's conspiracy nut lingo for stuff like 9/11 and the boston marathon bombings, that's infowars lingo....

Say we don't have enough evidence yet to say who used the chemical weapons, sure, I'd agree with that... but "false flag" makes him sound like a nut job :nono:

Edited by magley64

I'm with pauly. Gary Johnson all the way

I am with this contingent, which somewhat slightly scares me. I'm not a Gary Johnson flag waver, just thought he was the best choice of three (and I gave myself three, which is one more than the media did.) Ron Paul seems kinda goofy to me. The rest are a bunch of nice-hair-beauty-pageant-staff-writes-my-talking-points airheads.

If I could genetically engineer a Lincoln/TR/Ike hybrid, I might have something I could be enthused about. Evidently, those species died out some time ago.

I tried to spread the word about Ron Paul in the last election only to get a bunch of confused looks back at me. Have things gotten so bad that when someone says something that makes sense the general populace is unable to understand? No more fake money. More time defending our constitution and less time fighting pointless wars.

.....you gave Bush a ton of crap about paying for the Iraq War. You better make sure you can pay for your guys war. If you don't you will look like hypocritical rump rangers.

And you alleged conservatives will need to stfu about paying for this war since you didn't seem to mind the last one being off budget. Or you too will look like hypocritical rump rangers.

http://freebeacon.com/pentagon-cant-afford-syria-operation-must-seek-additional-funds/

I expect to see a lot rump rangers in the coming weeks.

Edited by Tonik

I'm not sure I follow. Weenie? Like, 'stuffed in his locker' weenie? I think the current guy is a full-blown penis. (get it.. blown?) But, seriously... he's a dick.

Yes, entirely superficial, no deep down reasons... just seemed to be lacking in charisma and presence, his mannerisms etc...