Syria

Casper

US Military Action in Syria  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should the US military strike Syria?

• Yes
    • No

I suppose everyone has heard about the Russia deployment of marines to off shore Syria.

After the deployment of US Marines to off shore Syria.

But I just read this:

Western naval sources reported Friday that a Chinese landing craft, the Jinggangshan, with a 1,000-strong marine battalion had reached the Red Sea en route for the Mediterranean off Syria.  According to DEBKAfile, Beijing has already deployed a number of warships opposite Syria in secret. If the latest report is confirmed, this will be the largest Chinese deployment in the Middle East in its naval history.

http://www.examiner.com/article/chinese-russian-warships-and-marines-heading-to-syrian-waters

http://everything-pr.com/us-russia-and-china-increase-naval-presence-off-syria/245690/#.Uisvvn9ChbI

The Jing Gangshan was doing pirate patrol duty in the Gulf of Aden.

That's about a five day journey through the Suez canal.

It doesn't necessarily have the full contingent of 1000 marines on board.

Just when you think there can be no more surprises...

edit: and no, news like this isn't in the US news. Have to dig a little deeper.

Jing Gangshan

china.jpg?resize=585%2C424

http://i1.wp.com/everything-pr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/china.jpg?resize=585%2C424

Edited by ReconRat

Magley says "I have obligations at home so I can't enlist but we as a county have an obligation to fight against those gassing kids" It's always easier to choose when you aren't directly affected huh.

How old is your cousin? Usually those all hell bent on fighting are newer troops who haven't deployed to a combat zone and those senior officials that want to add a war to their resume. I don't know of any of my buddies, I have quite a few friends in the active and army reserves as well as the Ohio national guard, that are for attacking Syria. Our military is tired. Our military families are tired. I know guys that have done 7 years in combat tours and been in for 10-12 years. Let them rest. It's time we stop policing the world and take care of our own problems. If we have to fight a direct threat to our country, it should be done quick and precise and then we withdraw and let them fix what they fucked up. Yes, any damage done by our military was caused by them forcing our hand to war.

ROE and Geneva Convention only apply to a few countries here and there. Us, the UK, Australia , etc. Do you think the countries over there, including Syria, give a damn about rules that will give them less of a chance? No. They know we will follow (mostly) the laws set forth and by them not, they get the upper hand, in their eyes.

I want to know who the one person is that voted for an attack on Syria...

I frequent a site that has a political forum.  Its mostly inhabited by vets, and like I said, they nearly always are for putting the hammer down on most middle eastern issues.  Like you have said, they too have access to info sources that those of us who haven't served do not.  I like to go into some of those threads and sit and listen (read) their opins and learn.  Funny what is really going on within the framework of our Fed govt. and military.  Not ha ha funny, but it can be quite enlightening. 

And our politicians are only beginning to hear voter outrage........

Guy Calls For John McCain To Be “Arrested And Tried For Treason” At Town Hall Meeting

http://ammoheads.com/watch-guy-calls-john-mccain-arrested-tried-treason-town-hall-meeting/

Don't we have assets in country there that we can utilize to serve our purpose out of the public eye?  Covert style response to send a message instead of this international stage bravado bullshit?

Magley says "I have obligations at home so I can't enlist but we as a county have an obligation to fight against those gassing kids" It's always easier to choose when you aren't directly affected huh.

How old is your cousin? Usually those all hell bent on fighting are newer troops who haven't deployed to a combat zone and those senior officials that want to add a war to their resume.

He's 28, will be 29 in november, volunteered for 2 tours in afghanistan, protected the vice president as an MP, spent a while in germany, and is now stationed in hawaii after re-upping for infantry.

This website's patrons aren't remotely a representative sample of the population of this country...but sure.. point taken

If you looked at the polls, you'd rethink that statement.  The overwhelming view is against military action.

We can get involved when the UN agrees to it. Not before.

Edited by Scruit

You know that President Obama is swimming up stream when Maureen Dowd writes this:

"The president looked exhausted as he met the press in St. Petersburg on Friday.

The man elected because of his magical powers of persuasion had failed to persuade other world leaders at dinner the night before about a strike on Syria.    

He said he had told his fellow leaders, "I was elected to end wars and not start them."  

But in life, and especially in Washington, people sometimes end up becoming what they start out scorning."

Isn't that the truth? 

How did we get here?  How did we go from the "dreamy" Obama of the campaign to the exhausted man of today?

In 2007-08, candidate Obama was given a free pass on issue after issue by people like Maureen Dowd. They were so eager to replace Bush that they hitched their wagon to the biggest anti-Bush of all.

He was going to close Guantanamo but nobody in the press asked:  "Where are you going to send the people there"?

He was going to bring the world together but nobody asked:  "Can you give us an example of how you brought people together at any time in your life or career?"  Winning a minority senate district in Chicago or speaking at a left wing Iraq war rally in 2002 are not examples of anything difficult.

He was going to be transparent but nobody asked:  "Why did you walk away from public funds and finance your campaign with private donations"?

He promised to fight for immigration reform but no one in the Spanish speaking media asked:  "Why did you kill McCain-Kennedy with amendments favoring the unions"?

He spoke about public education but nobody asked:  "Why did you send your daughters to private schools in Chicago?"

He made a bunch of promises and no one challenged him.  He is now facing reality and not enjoying it.

Even Maureen Dowd can't take it anymore.  

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/09/maureen_and_her_very_exhausted_barry.html#ixzz2ePZwThFu 

isn't maureen dowd the one that said obama made a shiver run up her leg during the pres debates in 08?

This website's patrons aren't remotely a representative sample of the population of this country...but sure.. point taken

It's a pretty good sample of the population of this state. Folks from all walks of life visit this site from all over Ohio. You were the only person to vote yes (assuming you're the one yes vote). You can take those results as you will, but I'd say they're pretty telling. 

It's a pretty good sample of the population of this state. Folks from all walks of life visit this site from all over Ohio. You were the only person to vote yes (assuming you're the one yes vote). You can take those results as you will, but I'd say they're pretty telling. 

I didn't vote, as I've not seen the evidence yet...

My response has been, and will continue to be a If > then/else answer...

If chemical weapons were used by the Syrian government

if the UN/Nato refuse to act

etc etc

But then there's this: Syrian rebels plan chem attack on Israel from Assad-controlled territories

http://rt.com/news/syria-rebels-chemical-attack-israel-618/

Either way, leave it to Russia to come up with a peaceful option. If it'd been up to US leadership, we would've already struck. :nono:

Either way, leave it to Russia to come up with a peaceful option. If it'd been up to US leadership, we would've already struck. :nono:

If we weren't the military powerhouse of the world, I doubt russia would have even bothered with a peaceful solution... They'd just have backed their syrian ally in a military endeavor...

They just don't want american missiles flying in their direction...

Edited by magley64

• 1 month later...