Syria

Casper

US Military Action in Syria  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should the US military strike Syria?

• Yes
    • No

My military cousin is super excited about it, he's currently stationed in hawaii.

Me, personally... yeah I really wish we weren't the world police, Maybe if the UN weren't quite so inept we wouldn't feel compelled to intervene in everything.

I agree that Someone should do something, but does it always have to be us?

Trash needs taking out, who's gonna do it...

Edited by magley64
  • Upvote 2

My military cousin is super excited about it, he's currently stationed in hawaii.

Me, personally... yeah I really wish we weren't the world police, Maybe if the UN weren't quite so inept we wouldn't feel compelled to intervene in everything.

I agree that Someone should do something, but does it always have to be us?

Trash needs taking out, who's gonna do it...

Who/what is the trash in this instance? 

Barry is so far up the UN's ass it is ridiculous, I have no doubt that we will be getting involved somehow. Spend more of the money that this nation does not have, sounds like a recipe for disaster IMHO.

• Upvote 1

i dont understand why we cant just sit back and let the other 2 assholes blow each other up and not worry about it unless some threat is made towards the US. Fuck this so called ally shit because they don't do a god damn thing for us half the time anyway.

Or better yet, if they both can't get along blow the 2 fucking countries off the map and put up one giant ass parking lot. Fuck em all, I'm sick of this shit

• Upvote 4

So let me get this straight, we send billions of dollars in military vehicles, planes, etc. to these people, and now we are going to go over and blow up all the shit that we have paid for and given them because we don't like how they are using what we gave them?!?!?

• Upvote 1

^^^ohhhhhhhhh instead of blowing money we should actually MAKE money on this situation. Just gather up all the 1026 repo reality tv shows and send them over their to get our shit back. Would be the #1 hit show on TV

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 2

I'm not thriled about 0bama's and Kerry's misguided uproar based on "morality" issues within the Syrian conflict with the alleged use of chemical weapons when the fucking rebels are telling children to behead civilians....to name just one of their atrocities against the civilian popluation.  IMO, the key point to all of this for us is to not act stupidly because no matter who comes out on top, it won't be good for our agenda in the region and I'm even questioning that with respect to 0bama who is fucking dud with his anemic foreign policy.....and especially with Russia. 

We need to stay the fuck out of it, period, and let them kill each other off. 

• Upvote 2

Sorry I'm not privy to top secret intelligence reports... but it seems to be more and more likely that this is the case.

If it is the case, then what? sit back and let governments poison and squash oppressed people fighting for their freedom?

Personally? I don't care, you know my position.... pull our troops out of ALL foreign territories and let the other countries deal with their own shit...

But since we've decided that we're policing the world, we should do so with an even hand... And quit babying israel, they can handle themselves.

Edited by magley64

When we get more involved with Egypt and Syria, this will not be good for the US. Too bad we can't strategically launch some Tomahawk missiles to resolve their issues. It is kind of ironic that we will be going back into "nation building" with new countries. I remember all of the political rhetoric by Democrats against nation building. I think the Libertarians are onto something with their international policies. There I go again spitting an extremist view point. I must identify with the founding fathers.

It's way past time we stop getting into shit that we

get mired in and don't know how to get back out

of.

Where's the rest of the world?  Let someone else

take care of this shit.  Where's Russia?  Japan?

Canada?  England?  France?  Germany?  Why

the fuck us all the time?  We can't afford this. 

It's our kids dying in other countries that don't

give a shit about us, and mostly hate us unless

we are doing something for them.

I'm sick of this shit!

• Upvote 2

It's way past time we stop getting into shit that we

get mired in and don't know how to get back out

of.

Where's the rest of the world?  Let someone else

take care of this shit.  Where's Russia?  Japan?

Canada?  England?  France?  Germany?  Why

the fuck us all the time?  We can't afford this. 

It's our kids dying in other countries that don't

give a shit about us, and mostly hate us unless

we are doing something for them.

I'm sick of this shit!

Don't forget the UK has been a HUGE ally to the US throughout all this while other countries have told us to GTFO.

I'm sick of us doing all this nation building in other countries.  We have our own problems to deal with.  Let's build OUR nation.  :slap:

I agree, but are we willing to look the other way while the syrian government poisons it's own people? How big of an atrocity would it have to become to justify our involvement?

I am opposed to getting involved, but for different reasons. Assad using chemical weapons on crazy Arabs is far more effective than anything we could do. And make no mistake, the people he is gassing are no better than he is. I would hope Iraq, Afgan and Egypt have at least taught us that.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

we should be

Okay then, at what point SHOULD we intervene?

do we allow another holocaust to happen?

it's not an easy question, but I think this is a reasonable "red line" that has been drawn (and likely crossed) if this is something our country was going to be involved with.

Edited by magley64
  • Upvote 1

Okay then, at what point SHOULD we intervene?

do we allow another holocaust to happen?

it's not an easy question, but I think this is a reasonable "red line" that has been drawn (and likely crossed) if this is something our country was going to be involved with.

no point

yes

it is easy to me, but I'm also coldhearted towards foreign affairs. They wouldn't help us so why should I sign off on helping them?