Fs: Scorpion Exo-500 Helmet. Used Once

idodishez

Bought this a week or so ago. The extra large was too big, so I got the large. Seemed to fit ok in the showroom, but after using it on a 2 hr ride I've determined it just doesn't fit me the same as my 700. So I guess I just wasn't meant to have this cool design that matches my Monster Edition ZX6, as its only available on the 500.

So, it's for sale. Still have the box, all tags, papers, helmet bag, etc. Worn only for 2 hours. Size large

$150

Posted Image

Developed exclusively by Scorpion, our industry-leading polycarbonate shell is engineered to minimize weight and disperse impact

EverClear® No Fog Faceshield:

Optically-clear shield with state-of-the art fog free technology. Anti-Scratch hardened coating. 100% UV protection

SpeedView® SunVisor:

Retractable interchangeable internal sun visor. Choose the up or down position with the flip of the switch. Features our exclusive EverClear® anti-fog coating on all surfaces.

AirFit® Liner Inflation System:

Inflatable cheek pad system for superior personalized fit.

KwikWick II® Liner Fabric:

KwikWick II® anti-microbial fabric keeps you cool and dry in warm weather, warm in cool weather. Liner is easily removable and washable.

SpeedShift® Shield Quick-Change:

A quick rotation of each SpeedShift® allows for easy shield changes in seconds.

Aero-Tuned Ventilation:

Three intake ports across the front of helmet force cool air in while four exhaust vents maximize movement of hot air out. Two ports in the chin bar maximize fresh air inside.

FaceShield Lock/Vent System:

Securely locks shield in place or turn down the lever to allow light airflow into the helmet

Meets or exceeds:

ECE 22.05, DOT

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone

• 7 months later...

I have an exo 400 (new last season) and while it seemed a bit snug at the dealer, I decided to roll with it.  I agree that after a few hrs of riding, it's not the most comfortable when it's new.  I ended up taking out the cheek pads and shaved just a bit of the foam off at the tightest point of contact and then gave them a good wash.  That seemed to help and it now fits very comfortably.

Not meant to piss in anyones ceral but I whole heartedly disagree that the 500 needs a break-in period.

I bought an xl in 09. The 2xl was too loose. After an hour of riding it was miserable. That helmet pressed into my forehead so much it would cause me to get headaches. 

I rode with that thing for 2.5 years before I upgraded. Best decision I ever made.

:lol: How long do they need to break in?  It fit the same for the 2.5 years I owned it. The longer I wore that thing the worse it got.

I suppose you could argue that my inner neanderthal came out, and my forehead got bigger. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps one of the site sponsors could enlighten us on the differences in shape between the various scorpion models.

My EXO400 was great. I actually wore it on Saturday. But it's too small, too old, and sweat-stained. I'd love to replace it with a newer scorpion model, but obviously it needs to fit my (long, narrow) head.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...