Need Help Diagnosing

silentcropduster

I noticed last night when I pull my front brake level the rear brake light gets brighter for about a second, then goes back dim? Not sure if something needs replaced, or cleaned etc? I'm not sure where the brake light switch is at?

Also when I go to shift down for a stop sign or red light etc when I go to put my bike in neutral - sometimes the green N doesn't light up? But If I put the kick stand up and down the green N lights back up on the instrument cluster (sometimes). It does it periodically.

Any thoughts as to what or how I should go about trouble shooting this?

bike: 2007 GSXR 750

My question is did you build that Mazda or have someone do it for you cause you definately don't seem too mechanically savy

im not going to get into a pissing match with any of u, if u can offer help then please do. The only thing on the MS3 I didn't do was the ECU tune.

Edited by silentcropduster

Gas mileage?

how bad is it? (I average 33mpg on sunny warm days, 45ish on wet rainy days.)

roughly 40-42 give or take, I let the engine temp hit about 100 b4 I move it and I don't go passed 6 RPM (which is where I shift) until its 150+ but it does have a -1/+2 520 conversion.

Edited by silentcropduster

roughly 40-42 give or take, I let the engine temp hit about 100 b4 I move it and I don't go passed 6 RPM (which is where I shift) until its 150+ but it does have a -1/+2 520 conversion.

wow, how did you get that engine down to 6 rpm? that's really low idle...

LOL, mine redlines at 11,500, I usually shift at 11,000 through the first 3 gears then skip up to 6 for cruising.

Mine has a +1 sprocket up front just to correct the speedo.

What happens if you use the foot brake? what does the light do then?  As for the N light you prob need to replace your gear position sensor.  OR....  the wires are pinched in the sprocket cover or in the sprocket area getting chewed on.  The brake light sensor is on the lever perch...

What happens if you use the foot brake? what does the light do then? As for the N light you prob need to replace your gear position sensor. OR.... the wires are pinched in the sprocket cover or in the sprocket area getting chewed on. The brake light sensor is on the lever perch...

Sorry I didn't clarify. If I use the foot brake it works like normal. And ironically my green N light is working normal (as of now). I figured out where the brake light sensor is. I was going to try & take it off and clean it. But the side plastics are in the way & its being a bitch.

sent from double thumbin' it