Anyone Have A Gun Belt, If So, Was It Worth The Cash?

oldschoolsdime92

A guy in massillon owns a place alled Erie street leather. He makes his own belts, as wide and thick as you want. I talked to him for a while about gunbelts, he made his own and has made several for other customers. Worth checking out if its not too far of a ride.

Has anyone ever considered that you use a belt to hold your pants up, yet you need belt loops on your pants to keep the belt from falling off.

What do you mean to kept the belt from falling off? Like falling down? I don't think your belt is tight enough if it falls off lol

I use the 5.11 Operator belt as my every day wear. Infinitely adjustable, very strong, and keeps the holster in place. The Velcro closure keeps it the same tightness all day. Sometimes they end up cheap on eBay or someone sells a just opened one that didn't fit.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Accessories/Belts/Operator-Belt-1-34-Wide.html

I have two I use. I had a double-walled leather belt made with my holster from C5 Leather and it works great.

I also use a 5.11 Operator (Double thickness) 1.75" wide belt. That has become my EDC since the extra adjustability allow me to achieve better comfort. Cheaper than a custom leather one too.

The key is a double thickness. Elsewise its too floppy to support the weapon, IWB or OWB.

So, just got my Bullhide gun belt in, holy shit, this thing is LEGIT.  I mean it's 3x the thickness of what I thought was a "good" belt, as it's a name brand, and was not cheap.

Yeah, the Bullhide belt was more expensive, BUT I pretty much already know it will NEVER stretch, will never wear out, and will last longer than I do.  In the end I wear a 36 pant, and was told to order a 40 belt.  When I measured it to my 38 name brand belt, they were the same size.  That's how much the name brand belt stretched.  No chance of that with the Bullhide, plus the color with the chrome double prong buckle looks tits.  

In the end, I am already looking forward to carrying more than I was with the newbie, and feel this will make me more willing to do so.  Well worth the 62 or whatever the belt was, that's for sure.

FWIW, I have a $5.00 online code for 1 use, if someone wants to use it, PM me, I don't need a black belt to carry as I can't to work, and would only use the brown belt to carry anywhere else I can.

PM me for the code and all I ask is that if you buy one and get a discount code, and you won't be using it, do the same and offer it to the forum.

Oh and I take ghey sexual favors too.

• Downvote 1

So, just got my Bullhide gun belt in, holy shit, this thing is LEGIT.  I mean it's 3x the thickness of what I thought was a "good" belt, as it's a name brand, and was not cheap.

Yeah, the Bullhide belt was more expensive, BUT I pretty much already know it will NEVER stretch, will never wear out, and will last longer than I do.  In the end I wear a 36 pant, and was told to order a 40 belt.  When I measured it to my 38 name brand belt, they were the same size.  That's how much the name brand belt stretched.  No chance of that with the Bullhide, plus the color with the chrome double prong buckle looks tits.  

In the end, I am already looking forward to carrying more than I was with the newbie, and feel this will make me more willing to do so.  Well worth the 62 or whatever the belt was, that's for sure.

FWIW, I have a $5.00 online code for 1 use, if someone wants to use it, PM me, I don't need a black belt to carry as I can't to work, and would only use the brown belt to carry anywhere else I can.

PM me for the code and all I ask is that if you buy one and get a discount code, and you won't be using it, do the same and offer it to the forum.

Oh and I take ghey sexual favors too.

You are welcome.  :p

Get the Atlas by Volhund gearworks out of Columbus. I have tried a few belts... This thing is hands down the best I've tried. I wear it everyday. Have used it for multiple classes, when running IWB, Appendix and OWB. I will advise to get a size bigger then you think you will need. 

Volund

Howard picked his up in a hiking or climbing store down in Cbus instead of ordering it online, I will ask him where it was. 

Edited by 4DAIVI PAI2K5
  • Upvote 1

In my case, I definitely couldnt do a mesh/webbing belt or whatever those things are, just not something I'd wear so went with a full leather design.  After wearing it a few days, I will say I would order a size bigger than they advise, they advise adding 4 inches to your pant size, but in the end I wish I added 6.  It will work for IWB(I do not like), or OWB which I prefer, but would have liked the extra 2 inches.

Then again, more incentive to lose weight I guess.

They make them in my size and you get me any? lol, free is my language.

Lol, yeah they were basically one size, cut to length when I got them. I went into the inactive reserves due to divorce, remarriage, child custody, etc so I can't get you any though. Sorry buddy, would if I could.