Motogp, The Thread

zx3vfr

Who is all going?

Who is riding?

Im riding out with 2 other people friday morning at 830.

Anyone from neohio is more than welcome to join. Just send me a pm.

Stops would be evry 100 to 120 milew as that is range of a 919 in yhe group. Propoeee route is 71 to 70 to hotel.the 3 of us are riding the track at 630 on friday.

Sounds fun, wish I could go, but work interferes :(

You say stop every 100-120 miles as that's the range of a 919 in the group? I have a 919 and my range is ~200 miles til empty, can easily go 150 before thinking of a fillup, ~160 before the fuel light comes on and farther than those number if I'm riding for mileage, but I'm guessing you guys won't be :p

Sounds fun, wish I could go, but work interferes :(

You say stop every 100-120 miles as that's the range of a 919 in the group? I have a 919 and my range is ~200 miles til empty, can easily go 150 before thinking of a fillup, ~160 before the fuel light comes on and farther than those number if I'm riding for mileage, but I'm guessing you guys won't be :p

he claims no fuel light as well. It's a first year us model if that means anything.

Maybe he just says that since he's almost 60 and wants to stretch more often

he claims no fuel light as well. It's a first year us model if that means anything.

Maybe he just says that since he's almost 60 and wants to stretch more often

Mine's a first year model as well (2002). I almost never get any less than 40mpg, even if I'm hard on the throttle, usually 45+ if I'm babying it, but strangely can't seem to get much over 45 even if I really try at which point I'd rather just have fun with the throttle. I spose if his fuel light's out, maybe he's scared of running out of gas, but if he's never gone more than 100-120 miles, it probably won't turn on (mine hits ~140-160 miles on the tank). Have him take note of how many gallons he puts in at 100-120 miles, should only be ~2.5 to 3 gallons and it has a 5 gallon tank.

Then again, maybe it is an excuse to stretch more often which is understandable if it's straight freeway riding.

If you are going enjoy it. I was reading online yesterday that this may be the last one at Indy. IMS is considering opting out of the last year of their contract for the 2014 race and DORNA is willing to let them do it.

If you are going enjoy it. I was reading online yesterday that this may be the last one at Indy. IMS is considering opting out of the last year of their contract for the 2014 race and DORNA is willing to let them do it.

I have been hearing this a lot and unfortunately I have some family plans that I am working vigorously to get out of!!

Ok, so we made it to the track today about noon or so. Walked the Midway first then decided to head to our seats and scope out the view. Well, in short, they suck. Box 25 row T. Our first visit to Indy speedway, so I did a few days worth of homework months ago to pick out good seats ( or so I thought ) from what was left....apparently I was mistaken on my choice. Our section is about 3/4 of the way down the front straight with the entry to turn 1 in sight, but we can barely see the entry to the front straight, so at best we could see some draft passing from our seats.

So, we decided to walk the infield and check out the spectator mounds for better views, and there are some great positions to see good racing from the mounds IF we can get out there early enough on race day to catch one before the masses hoard them all.

As we're walking the infield by the back straight about 4pm, my phone rings. It's Hotwire calling to offer us a refund on our hotel room since the 1st floor at our stay ( Ramada Inn East Indy ) has just flooded with shit and piss.....thinking it was a blessing in disguise that we waited to check-in, saving our luggage a sewage bath, I asked for them to find us new local accommodations since we were finding everything booked solid around Indy weeks ago. They had nothing available and could only offer us our money back.

Losing sight of an awesome weekend because of this bullshit storm, my wife finally got us the last booking at a semi-local Comfort Inn on the outter belt.....so we jumped right up and headed for the car to get to the hotel and capture the room key before something else went wrong today. Once we hit I-65 south, traffic is backed up and it takes us 20 minutes to get roughly 6 miles. Finally we get to the hotel and I'm thrilled to say we are now sitting in our hotel room and enjoying some peace of mind from today's BS test. Now, we are bound and determined to have a good fuckin time or else :D

See you all at the track tomorrow and Sunday!