Being Low Key Lately

Hoblick

if anyone wondered or cared lol, reason i have been kind of inactive lately.

We have moved from Hilliard out to Marysville.  

the last month we have been getting more and more settled in at our new place, and have been doing a few things here and there at our old place wich is on the market.

Our new place is great!  Twice the size of our old house, with 5 acres of land, a 2 car attached garage... and my favorite, my new shop is 30x48!  

been doing some small remodeling things at the new place, new flooring in the basement and what not.  Been doing ALOT of mowing.  and have been getting things aligned to set up my shooting range.  I had 70 tons of dirt brought in today, and im gonna need probably another 100 tons still.  Got some supplies for making some swinging steel targets, just no time to start that project.

on a sad note, i have sold my little NSR50, and my XR100.  Only thing i have now is my Ducati, which is up for sale.  Love the ducati, but with the new house and land i have a few different things we would like to accomplish and have.  So gonna sell the big toy.  i have a good idea what the replacement for it is gonna be, but we are also considering picking up the new honda Pioneer 700 side by side.  We need something to troll around the property with, and we can use to haul mulch and  stuff around, along with the ability to put a blade on it.  But if i cant get what i want out of the Ducati im not selling it, i know what its worth to me, and i am not gonna sell it for any less.

anywho, thats whats been going on lately, i still have been doing some work on members bikes, and appreciate the business as usual!

• Upvote 3

i question the need for a side-by-side hauler if you already have a light pickup.  Or is that gone now that the enclosed trailer sold?

My aunt and uncle have several acres, and my uncle bought a big Kawasaki ATV "to plow, and haul stuff" on the property.  He also bought a large commercial-cut walk-behind mower to keep the grass in check.  (I think it's the kind that tows the little wheel-stand, so he's not actually walking behind it)

He ended up paying over $12k for two pieces of equipment when he could have bought a VERY capable lawn tractor that would have done all the same jobs for less money.  Just something to consider.  The AWD lawn tractors are great.

Sucks that the toys had to go.  5 acres would make for some great mini races!  I think I saw your NSR at the track yesterday though.  I barely beat it in the F4 races.

i do stil have my NIssan Titan.  

its not always gonna be around as its my wifes daily driver.  also im not gonna buy a plow for it.

a side by side wil work out pretty good for me, for doing the chores around here, running targets down on the range, plowing snow,  and anything else i can think of.  Plus i get a pretty nice deal on a new Honda since i work for honda.

for the grass, i have a 50" Cub Cadet Zero turn

i question the need for a side-by-side hauler if you already have a light pickup.  Or is that gone now that the enclosed trailer sold?

My aunt and uncle have several acres, and my uncle bought a big Kawasaki ATV "to plow, and haul stuff" on the property.  He also bought a large commercial-cut walk-behind mower to keep the grass in check.  (I think it's the kind that tows the little wheel-stand, so he's not actually walking behind it)

He ended up paying over $12k for two pieces of equipment when he could have bought a VERY capable lawn tractor that would have done all the same jobs for less money.  Just something to consider.  The AWD lawn tractors are great.

Sucks that the toys had to go.  5 acres would make for some great mini races!  I think I saw your NSR at the track yesterday though.  I barely beat it in the F4 races.

Not to thread jack but you saw one of his old CRF100's there too. I was riding out of turnones camp. Which one were you??

Not to thread jack but you saw one of his old CRF100's there too. I was riding out of turnones camp. Which one were you??

We were pitted in the way back, because we brought our dog, and wanted to minimize bike traffic passing our pit area. 

Look for the Anderson Door Racing banner, stickers, hats, t-shirts, etc. :p

JB and I have gone a little nutty with the whole "sponsorship" joke.   I'm #524 and JB is #615, and he was kicking my ass all weekend. I held him off in the first XR heat, but he was about half a second faster than me all day.  Still happy with how I rode, just wish I was breaking the 1-minute barrier.

We were pitted in the way back, because we brought our dog, and wanted to minimize bike traffic passing our pit area. 

Look for the Anderson Door Racing banner, stickers, hats, t-shirts, etc. :p

JB and I have gone a little nutty with the whole "sponsorship" joke.   I'm #524 and JB is #615, and he was kicking my ass all weekend. I held him off in the first XR heat, but he was about half a second faster than me all day.  Still happy with how I rode, just wish I was breaking the 1-minute barrier.

you need to be faster lol

i was getting in the 58s