Race Bodywork Painting

turnone

I have some Armour bodywork that I would like to fit to the bike then get painted.  Since it is going on the Panigale, I want it to look better than I can do with my spray cans.

Any advice?  Not looking to spend a fortune.

Thanks,

Chris

well not spending  fortune Paul 614 paintworks cant beat.. he does a great job on the basic paint jobs to keep it budget friendly  I know he does some good complex designs aswell
 if you wanna spend a little more Andrew Swenson is amazing  too but your going to pay.. Andrew does all the Riders Discount bikes plus more on the AMA grid... He did both the wifes and my bikes too

Paul does awesome work as well.  I just am promoting a local guy to me that also races and does several team bikes.  Basically, you can't go wrong with either.  I like Andrew's stuff, but it is a racebike.  If it is going to be crashed at some point, why pay $800 when you can get a good looking job for half that?  No offense as it is worth every penny - I've seen Twisted's stuff and it is glorious.  But we racers are cheap asses.  $400 is a set of tires!!

Appreciate all the feedback. I suspect that Paul will get my business since he races in OMRL with me. Anyone have his contact info they can PM me?

Edited by turnone

Paul does awesome work as well.  I just am promoting a local guy to me that also races and does several team bikes.  Basically, you can't go wrong with either.  I like Andrew's stuff, but it is a racebike.  If it is going to be crashed at some point, why pay $800 when you can get a good looking job for half that?  No offense as it is worth every penny - I've seen Twisted's stuff and it is glorious.  But we racers are cheap asses.  $400 is a set of tires!!

No offense taken, I've always rattle canned our race body work until this time.. we just decided that once, just once we wanted something sick.. Andrew fit the bill...  if it goes down a sad day it will be but i'll be going to paul afterwards lol

• 2 weeks later...

No offense taken, I've always rattle canned our race body work until this time.. we just decided that once, just once we wanted something sick.. Andrew fit the bill...  if it goes down a sad day it will be but i'll be going to paul afterwards lol

this is why I took the time to learn how to paint. 

honestly, if you can do a decent rattle can job you could do a decent spray job as well.  the prep is the key to a good job.  learning how to lay on the clear smooth without overspray and orange peel just takes a few practice attempts and setting up the gun.

6953408546_a56062a52e_b.jpg