That Helmet You're Wearing

ReconRat

Ok.... good reason to remove the helmet. When entering a carryout.

Or anywhere else for that matter, RIP.

Cincinnati police investigating store clerk's fatal shooting of man wearing motorcycle helmet

Ohio Police:Store Clerk Kills Man Wearing Motorcycle Helmet

Mason man shot and killed by grocery store clerk

edit: ok, if you read the last article, they knew each other, and were arguing.

Apparently much more than it appears to be.

Edited by ReconRat

I walked into a local Shell station here wearing my lid one morning, just in a bit of a hurry so I walked in with it on. I was refused service and told I need to take it off before I could purchase anything. A bit ticked, I did so anyway....but after reading this, it makes more sense. Rip rider

many places will refuse you service if your face isn't visible for their cameras.  Banks are the only establishments I've seen actually post signs asking patrons to remove hats and scarves before entering, but it's just good sense to not open the register for someone who is (intentionally or not) concealing their identity from being recorded on video.

2 points.

1. The media can change history by how they "report" it.

2. I bet no one is nearly as pissed about this as the Zimmerman/Martin issues. Is it because they are Arabic?

Edited by cOoTeR

^I was shopping for a modular when those evil bastards at iron pony had my current shoei marked down into the same price range I could afford..I do so love my banana yellow full face armored vagina, but next one...next one will be modular for the reason you mentioned as well getting a drink or picking my nose etc

I could see someone wearing a helmet could make a clerk uneasy.

But in this case, it doesn't look like it played into the result.

They knew each other, and were arguing for a while before the shooting.

many places will refuse you service if your face isn't visible for their cameras.  Banks are the only establishments I've seen actually post signs asking patrons to remove hats and scarves before entering, but it's just good sense to not open the register for someone who is (intentionally or not) concealing their identity from being recorded on video.

The bank is the only place I have run into this.  I was pissed the first time I was asked to remove my helmet years ago when the policy started.  Mostly because I was a regular customer and they did not have signs posted.  I felt like I was being singled out.

The case is definitely not clear-cut since no weapon was found on Abouelalla. But he did flip his visor down at one point during the confrontation with the store clerk and walk into an employee-only area near the counter, Humphries said.

The third link shows the story to be much more complex than the first two.   The first two seem to suggest it was the store clerk mistaking an innocent biker for a robber, but the third one shows that there was history, a confrontation of some kind etc.   I'll reserve judgement until I hear more.