Best Smartphones?

Kent2406

HTC makes garbage. I have the evo lte and I hate it. Before that I had the original evo and it sucked too. I also have an HTC tablet and its pretty clunky. I won't buy another one if their devices. Go for the s4.

Fwiw I've had no issues with my dna. I'd gladly buy another or one for my wife. But that's based on my limited experience with Motorola and htc.

Edited by chevysoldier

Was always a Droid guy, now I have an iphone and actually prefer that.

This!!

I used to be very anti apple too. After rebooting my Motorola droid 2 several times a day and noticing that my apple buddies never had any issues with their phones, I switched. Very glad I did.

Had a s3 for two days. Very flimsy phone. Cracked the screen when it fell from the console of my van to the rubber floor. POS. It won't fit in your pocket either. Things huge!

I've never had any issues with the iPhone 5. FB crashes occasionally, but that's not the phones issue.

Unless you like screwing with the thing all the time to keep it working, give the iPhone a look.

This!!

I used to be very anti apple too. After rebooting my Motorola droid 2 several times a day and noticing that my apple buddies never had any issues with their phones, I switched. Very glad I did.

Had a s3 for two days. Very flimsy phone. Cracked the screen when it fell from the console of my van to the rubber floor. POS. It won't fit in your pocket either. Things huge!

I've never had any issues with the iPhone 5. FB crashes occasionally, but that's not the phones issue.

Unless you like screwing with the thing all the time to keep it working, give the iPhone a look.

Same thing I did, as nice as the screens look on the galaxy's, I prefer the iPhone after dealing with several bad droids. Only bad thing is the battery life on the 5 with the latest software. I never used to have to plug it in during the day, but lately I do. The next update will probably fix that though.

^^^ Battery life.... the one and only issue I've ever had with my S2. 

You learn to adapt. Limit use of high drain activities and always have a charger cable in your car ;)

Why I suggested the razr maxx hd,,, good lucj finding a phone with a better battery life... the downside is that it's kind of bulky, but not horrible

Oh, and ever since I had a droid x, I stay away from Motorola. I went through like 5 of them and they all sucked.

X and X2 were shit, I actually dumped the x2 for an iphone 4, but then began to loathe IOS (I couldn't change anything and hated the interface, not to mention the shitty antenna meant i had no signal in too many places) so I sold it to my fiancee, and got the droid 4.... super happy with it... The fiancee recently dumped the Iphone 4 for the GS3... She is very happy with unloading the apple as well...Now the apple is used for what it's good at... Mp3s

This!!

Sounds similar to an endorsement for a harley sportster... "no it's not as fast or as good, but it's reliable at being slow and it's got that name badge that everyone seems to respect despite lacking any real innovation lately"

• Downvote 1

HTC makes garbage. I have the evo lte and I hate it. Before that I had the original evo and it sucked too. I also have an HTC tablet and its pretty clunky. I won't buy another one if their devices. Go for the s4.

A good example of "to each his own." I'm lucky to be able to upgrade my phone and my wife's phone as frequently as every 6 months and have had 3 different HTCs that I really liked. OTOH, I haven't liked 2 of the 3 Samsungs I've had. I've also had mixed results w/ Motorolas - I really hope Google's influence will improve their quality control.

Also, don't discount iPhones. I wouldn't ever get one because I like to tinker/customize my phone, but if you want something that "just works" they're hard to beat. IMHO, Apple's customer service is the best in the business. The fact they're (often) willing to replace a phone with hardware problems even if it's out of warranty is admirable.

Sounds similar to an endorsement for a harley sportster... "no it's not as fast or as good, but it's reliable at being slow and it's got that name badge that everyone seems to respect despite lacking any real innovation lately"

Comparing iPhone to a Harley? Hilarious coming from a guy who rides a blackbird and drives an old Cadillac.

Antiquated technology seems to be your thing.

• Upvote 1

Same thing I did, as nice as the screens look on the galaxy's, I prefer the iPhone after dealing with several bad droids. Only bad thing is the battery life on the 5 with the latest software. I never used to have to plug it in during the day, but lately I do. The next update will probably fix that though.

Yep, no brainer, the IPhone is the best option out there, especially for ease of use.  I can't imagine owning anything else for a phone.  For the record I HATED apple.  Said I'd never own anything after a bad experience with a Gen 1 Nano.  Now, I'd never buy anything but an IPhone.  Wife has the Galaxy 4S or whatever, I hate it, really hate it.

Yep, no brainer, the IPhone is the best option out there, especially for ease of use.  I can't imagine owning anything else for a phone.  For the record I HATED apple.  Said I'd never own anything after a bad experience with a Gen 1 Nano.  Now, I'd never buy anything but an IPhone.  Wife has the Galaxy 4S or whatever, I hate it, really hate it.

Don't ever take phone advise from financial guys.  It's like asking for medical advice from Stosh Yoder.

:D

Comparing iPhone to a Harley? Hilarious coming from a guy who rides a blackbird and drives an old Cadillac.

Antiquated technology seems to be your thing.

I Ride/Drive what I can afford that suits my needs...

Ruby has 300 horses, and floats down the road like a cloud, fully loaded and I was out the door for under 5k...

Ember has more power than I can honestly use 99% of the time...it's waiting on me, I'm never waiting on it... and just over 5k back in '08...

I dare you to find better for the same, or either's equal for cheaper...

Edited by magley64

You can dare me all you want. I don't care enough about your pathetic little self to give a shit about any challenge coming from you.

I was just pointing out what a moron you are comparing an iPhone to a Harley.

Now get back in your hole.

You can dare me all you want. I don't care enough about your pathetic little self to give a shit about any challenge coming from you.

I was just pointing out what a moron you are comparing an iPhone to a Harley.

Now get back in your hole.

They are the same company, coasting on stale innovation, name recognition, and marketing ploys...

They are the same company, coasting on stale innovation, name recognition, and marketing ploys...

Yeah, ok, because Apple is using the same CPU it used in its 1984 computer BUT its extra shiny now is basically what you are saying. Sure it has name recognition but you can not tell me they are not innovative. Shit, half the stuff on the market now is designed similar to an Apple device which make THOSE companies the ones with stale innovation. Think about the shit you say lol.

I Ride/Drive what I can afford that suits my needs...

Ruby has 300 horses, and floats down the road like a cloud, fully loaded and I was out the door for under 5k...

Ember has more power than I can honestly use 99% of the time...it's waiting on me, I'm never waiting on it... and just over 5k back in '08...

I dare you to find better for the same, or either's equal for cheaper...

Bet Ruby gets fabulously horrible gas mileage too, which defeats the whole purpose of getting a good deal.

Yeah, ok, because Apple is using the same CPU it used in its 1984 computer BUT its extra shiny now is basically what you are saying. Sure it has name recognition but you can not tell me they are not innovative. Shit, half the stuff on the market now is designed similar to an Apple device which make THOSE companies the ones with stale innovation. Think about the shit you say lol.

SO it's not QUITE that bad, but when comparing the Iphone 5 to the GS4, it has Half the ram, less than half the processing power, (4 cores at 1.9ghz to 2 cores at 1.3 ghz)

The Iphone5 came out WAY late with 4g..

They aren't cutting edge on anything...

They made the Iphone 1, and that was innovative... july 2007.. after that, they fell behind the curve and haven't ever really recovered...

6 years of chasing the rest of the pack is an eternity when you're talking technology.

Every Single Iphone release since the original has been preceded by a phone with better specs and more features.

Bet Ruby gets fabulously horrible gas mileage too, which defeats the whole purpose of getting a good deal.

25 - 30 on average...

My old blazer was the gas hog... 33" tires, 6 inch lift, Detroit lockers, Quick shift transmission, 4.11 gears, 350 4bbl... Averaged 7

Edited by magley64

Yet the iphones still outsell the droids. I am so disappointed that my iphone does not lock up, run slow or have shitty battery life.....truly truly sucks.

my turn to call bullshit

http://techland.time.com/2013/04/16/ios-vs-android/

Which platform is selling the most smartphones?

In research conducted from mid-November through mid-February, Kantar Worldpanel Comtech showed sales of all Android phones outpacing the iPhone by a hefty margin: 52.1 percent to 43.5 percent. However, judging from past Kantar studies, these figures may be more of a freeze-frame of the competition at one particular point in time than a permanent reality: last year, Kantar had Android in the lead for a spell, and then it said that iOS had bounced back into first place.

Then there’s Comscore’s MobiLens study, which attempts to measure the smartphone platforms used by everyone in the U.S. over the age of 13 —  not just ones sold recently, but everything. The numbers it released this month are pretty similar to Kantar’s.

That’s the U.S. — how about everywhere else?

Worldwide, all those companies making Android phones sell a lot more units than Apple sells of the iPhone, says IDC. In the fourth quarter of 2012, Android had more than 70 percent share, vs. 21 percent for the iPhone.

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2013/04/16/ios-vs-android/#ixzz2apn0HKgE