Google Search Gets You A Visit From The Feds

Tonik

Can't believe these two consented to a search. Can't believe this is what our country has come to either.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/08/01/innocent-couple-gets-visited-by-feds-aft

And again I restate:  Obama, the Dems and the Repubs and everyone that voted for them can kindly go shoot themselves.

• Upvote 2

You peeps focusing on Obama need to remember that section 215 was passed in a repub controlled house. Until you do and hold them just as accountable you are part of the problem. I would argue more so than the politicians. You keep reelecting them.

• Upvote 4

We no longer have a functioning democracy.

We're a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy.  If we were, the minority voice wouldn't be allowed and the majority would rule us - otherwise known as elected despotism.

We're a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy. If we were, the minority voice wouldn't be allowed and the majority would rule us - otherwise known as elected despotism.

I would argue that we are supposed to be a constitutional republic...that was the intent of our founding fathers...but that we are far from it now. Not sure what to call it...other than messed up.

The cornerstone of a constitutional republic is that you are ruled by law. Law that empowers people and specifically limits the power of the government. The topic of this thread is proof that isn't happening.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

no one complained about the patriot act when it was 911 time.  so STFU now that the ramifications are coming to real life as they excersise their freedom stripping powers on you.  you gave your rights up for a bit of security and some of you I recall defended it tooth and nail. recall anyone ever saying "its ok with me, If youre not doing something illegal you have nothing to worry about"?

Edited by serpentracer
  • Upvote 1

We only have the choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.  We have federal leaders that rather than listen to citizens they impose their will on citizens.  We have a federal government that has more power than was intended by the founding fathers and a people without leaders that ACTUALLY represent them.

This is how it should be:

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.  --  Abraham Lincoln

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 1

Um, fuck you very much. I have bitched about Patriot since it hit my radar.

I didn't mean anyone in this thread.  anyone that reads it will know who they are.   they'll probably still come up with some kind of off the wall defense of it though

Edited by serpentracer

Google continues to roll over when ever ask for information/access from the gov't.  They did it a couple of years ago and apparently they continue to lay there like a young puppy.  Yet as a society we continue to get deeper and deeper in bed with thier products- Gmail, Chrome, Gmaps...

Personally I try to avoid thier products and like that another browser is suggested inthe article.

What was the search engine that stood up to the gov't last year when asked for the search DB with out a warrant? 

Maybe I should google that.  ;)  

• 3 weeks later...