Help Needed With Speedo Healer For Gsxr750

silentcropduster

The bike I recently purchased has a speedo healer. The speedo is off by a good 7-8 MPH.

I'm trying to figure out how to calibrate it but cant find much info online about it. I believe is it an older version of a speedohealer. 

I attached a pic of it below to show what it looks like. (this is just for reference, mine already came on the bike)

I did check out their website and searched thru their product manuals http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

I was only able to find the user's guide for the v4 (newer one)

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/docs/SHv4_UsersGuide_en.pdf

Any help is appreciated. 

post-15906-0-51349400-1375327334_thumb.j

so im an idiot and I found their online calculator, but am still confused about how to calibrate it. Wondering if their is a standard calibration value for a 2007 GSXR 750 for -1/+2 gearing. At anything under 60 MPH my speedo is +5 MPH and above it is closer to 7 or 8+

I have found that if a speedo is off due to calibration it produces a percentage error not a MPH error. This can be due to gearing or tire size changes. Although ultimately is does make the MPH wrong. So if your gearing doesn't match what the speedo thinks it is and its off by say 10% then at 30 MPH the error is 3 MPH and at 60 MPH the error would be 6 MPH. That sounds like what your describing yours is doing. In looking at the website it doesn't look like the unit cares about the actual gearing but just the speed difference, actual to what the speedo is reading, the speedo says 60 and the GPS says 66. Now how to make the unit correct as in what buttons to push or how to enter the data then "what Hellmut said". The website did have a couple contact options so I would think they would help you with what to do with that unit. If you don't have a gps or access to one, back in the day where the public didn't have such things I would time myself between mile markers on the interstate. So at 60 MPH it should take 1 minute between each mile marker. Take a stretch where you can maintain 60 MPH and time yourself. Do more than one pair of markers. If it takes 66 sec between the markers your speedo is 10% slow if it take 54 seconds the your speedo is 10 % fast. Hope that helps!

• Upvote 1

I have the same unit and used the website to adjust mine to be dead on with the GPS. Wasn't hard at all :dunno:

I have the -1/+2 sprocket change. I get how to do it now after researching it a lil more.

But, If my speedo says im going 68-70 im actually only going 61-62mph. but at lower speeds its off less - like speedo 15 mph - actually 10-11 mph. I figured out the way to calibrate it but if its off a different amount at different speeds - the program can only be done once, if u try to do it again to make the calculation for a different speed - it clears off the setting u had for the higher speed programmed.

Am I missing something here ?

Go 65 by GPS and see what the speedo says. Do the math and adjust the percentage. You're not adjusting mph you are adj %. The site clearly says that and provides the calculator to do it. A caveman can do it

I'm majorly over-thinking it then. I do know it adjusts by % but I was giving the speedo error to show how much it was off. I didnt think it  could be that simple, but I'll try it out

Edited by silentcropduster

I am now stumped and extremely frustrated.  I got online and followed the directions on the calculator for the speedohealer. Yet after I re-program it – nothing changes it is still off. At 60MPH on my GPS (which I kno is accurate) the indicated on the speedo is like 68-69 MPH.  I the directions on the calculation are super easy and I have no idea why it’s still off by that much.

Before anyone asks…I’m using the “V3 or earlier” model option & the “Precise” option  - which is base on indicated  vs actual speed. I even went so far as to thy the “estimated” method – which bases it off of the gear change I have ( -1/+2).

Any thoughts??

set it to zero percent, ride 65 with your gps, check how much percent difference is between gps and speedo, then set healer for that difference? if you do that and the speed never changes, you may have a bad healer

when u say set it to zero % - u mean reset the healer, which clears all the factory settings, and puts it in transparent mode?

set it to zero percent, ride 65 with your gps, check how much percent difference is between gps and speedo, then set healer for that difference? if you do that and the speed never changes, you may have a bad healer

I did it by % this time like u stated. Still off by about 6-7 MPH. I'm at a loss of words at this point. Not sure what to do. There has to be something I'm missing. The bike does have a -1/+2 sprocket change and has a 520 conversion chain. Seeing how I'm programming it using an actual GPS to measure exact speed idk how that would even matter? But just a thought.

I got it figured out. My calculations claim the speedo was off by roughly 15%. Which still wasn't right. So I just keep increasing the %. Ended up being 22%. Which makes me dead accurate when comparing to my GPS and some other cars Speedo's @ highway speed.

sent from double thumbin' it