First Tent Camping/ Backpack Trip For The Kids

speedytriple

So in a few weeks I am taking my 10, and 12 y/o boys for there first tent camping weekend besides cubscouts. I was thinking aep coal land off rt 83, they have a site right on the buckeye trail. We will be tent camping out of the car, but backpacking during the day for 2 days. Planning to use this as a learning/fun trip for the most part. They both want to start their own fire with emergency type techniques which ought to be fun. Anyone else ever do the buckeye trail before? Anythings that are a must do/see?

Edited by speedytriple

The Buckeye Trail is a whole system of trails all around the state. I've done parts in Cuy Valley Natl Park, CVNP . There are a couple waterfalls, Buttermilk and Blue Hen Falls near Boston Mills. Then in Wayne Natl Forest in SE Ohio there is one of the better natural arches in the state. But here's the website. It really is all over the state. Hope that helps.

http://buckeyetrail.org

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Buckeye Trail is a whole system of trails all around the state. I've done parts in Cuy Valley Natl Park, CVNP . There are a couple waterfalls, Buttermilk and Blue Hen Falls near Boston Mills. Then in Wayne Natl Forest in SE Ohio there is one of the better natural arches in the state. But here's the website. It really is all over the state. Hope that helps.

http://buckeyetrail.org

There are some great spots on the buckeye trail. Rockbridge is really cool.

Sorry for the neg rep. I was trying to pos rep you.

• 2 weeks later...

So just got back from camping all weekend. With the exception of the rain on Saturday it turned out to be a great trip. Kids had fun even in the on/off rain we had. And two thumbs up to aep for a great, clean well kept campsite.

gallery_10447_947_229310.jpg

gallery_10447_947_1470680.jpg

Edited by speedytriple