Moving To Minster, Oh Area

rayzzr

Moving from AL to the Minster/New Bremen, OH area for work. Looking to meet up with other riders and learn the good roads. I sport tour some, just cruise around and look at the sights, and like to ride aggressive curves - so most any type of riding.

I only own Kawasakis, but appreciate all motorcycles.

Can you guys help me with good bike shops, roads etc?

Im from Minster. I know quite a few goods roads around. and there isnt a whole lot for bike shops but Reimerts is a nice shop. I love the ZRXs BTW. hit my up when you get to the area. Is your new job at Crown?

Im from Minster. I know quite a few goods roads around. and there isnt a whole lot for bike shops but Reimerts is a nice shop. I love the ZRXs BTW. hit my up when you get to the area. Is your new job at Crown?

Yep, Crown is my new job, I gave notice at my existing company of seven years today.

We are looking for houses in the area. I checked all the local towns out a few weeks ago, and we liked Minster and New Bremen the most.

I have 3 bikes, the 05 ZRX, an 07 ZZR600, and an 11 ZX10r. I haven't bought a new car/truck in 14 years - I keep spending all my money on bikes LOL!

Will definitely hit you up when I am up with the bikes. Should be 3 weeks or less. Are you or any of the forum guys going to MotoGP Indy? If so, let's ride over together.

THere are a ton of houses for sale in Minster. Dont take that the wrong way though. most people are staying just upgrading to bigger ones. there are houses for every budget it seems. youll love it here. especially if you have kids.

Welcome! I imagine you'll be looking east to get to the twisties. I lived in Lima about 30 years ago but it all seemed straight and flat, lol. Yeah, I'm old.

:welcomeor: I'm a county south of you in Piqua, wife and I are also Kawi fans. There are some twisties to be had, but they're far and few between. We take rides to the local lakes around your area now and then, hope to see you out. And congrats on the new job
  • Upvote 1

Good luck with any twisties or anything up there, flat, and straight roads, but a beautiful area of Ohio I believe.  Check out Eldora, if you're into racing, dirt oval that brings a lot of huge names nad races every year.  World Famous and I'm there about 4 weekends or more a year.

Welcome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

In town now, and I have the bikes here with me. I have been riding some of the local roads just to check out the area. I think I put about 110 miles on the ZX10r Sunday last. Would be nice to meet with some of the local riders and hang out. I am renting a place in New Bremen at the moment, crossing my fingers my place in AL sells soon.

May be going through new breman next weekend the 4/5ish for races at Eldora.  If you're free and want to come to the track we'll be there working on the 36 car.  Just let me know if you're free.  It's their last big race of the year at Eldora and always a great party after.  You can shack up in our toy hauler if you want, just me and pops right now, party usually goes pretty late weather permitting with a lot of big name drivers staying to party before winter.