Medical Advise Need

2talltim

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/775407-treatment#a1156

IMO, your best resource for medical information and often used by healthcare professionals.  FP docs can manage hemorrhoids often in the office if they do minor procedures, general surgeons will also manage them.  One thing while calling around looking for a doc is to ask if they do in-office minor procedures like hemorrhoidectomies if you want to avoid being referred out for the work.

For now, Sitz baths can be very helpful.  Otherwise take a look the the etiology/pathophysiology section on Medscape and see if you can find why you get hemorrhoids and work on correcting the issue.

At times like these I almost think we are too close of a group.

sometimes I wonder too.

Buuuuuuuuut I know the man's pain, sort of but I don't have the roids thankfully, and I hate doctors as well so sometimes its easier to try and get suggestions and help from people who have the same issue or like he said there are plenty of medical pro's on here willing to give some advice as well so I can't hate

I'm glad to hear you are responsible enough to NOT go to the ED of the local hospital for your primary care as many folks do. Right now though, you CANNOT afford to NOT go to a Dr. Can you say for absolute certainty that you know what your problem is? You said you have not been to a Dr. in 12 years? But, you are bleeding from the rectum with pain? Go to a doc, get established, transfer your records and get treated for whatever problem you may have. I would also go so far as to tell you to get a complete physical when you establish a relationship with a doc so they have a baseline as to your history so they can tell if its getting worse or not. Pain, discomfort and bleeding from the rectum is pretty serious business and should never be discounted. You need to be seen like RIGHT NOW. Not sure of your age but I'd also schedule a scope, your doc will most likely do that just to get a fix as to whats up and confirm a DX. Make the call today, get going and keep us posted.

• Upvote 1

Do you have that medical benefit where u can call in and tell them your symptoms and they call in your prescription without going to the doctors?

Not sure if that would work to get a referral straight to a butt doctor or not.

I hate the doctor doctor doctor scenario u explained.

Have you thought about going to an "urgent care" facility? They're not just for "urgent" care. A buddy of mine doesn't have medical insurance and goes to the local urgent care every once in awhile. I think he said cash price for an office visit is roughly $70 bucks, and they hopefully could tell you what you have and/or rule out serious stuff.

Do you have that medical benefit where u can call in and tell them your symptoms and they call in your prescription without going to the doctors?

Not sure if that would work to get a referral straight to a butt doctor or not.

I hate the doctor doctor doctor scenario u explained.

Don't think we have that

Have you thought about going to an "urgent care" facility? They're not just for "urgent" care. A buddy of mine doesn't have medical insurance and goes to the local urgent care every once in awhile. I think he said cash price for an office visit is roughly $70 bucks, and they hopefully could tell you what you have and/or rule out serious stuff.

I thought about that but the urgent care here in mount Vernon is a joke unless you just have cold or something they just send everyone up to the hospital, where you get hammered with a huge bill.

I've had this problem as well and I also vote diet. I changed my diet to a fiber intensive heathy variety and that helped a bunch.

Also don't spend any longer on the can than you have to. Playing on phone while crapping = anal pain.

I've been putting off a couple of medical issues myself....although I can sit without pain.  I have finally resigned myself to surgery's but am going to wait until late fall early winter.

Since dad was found to have cancer to which he lost the battle, I have had a hard time with doctors.  But I think with some issues the only way to find relief is to do what the medical experts tell you to do.  It sucks, but its real.  2tall, I sure hope you get it taken care of but can still fit your plans into the picture.  But from the sounds of it maybe your issue is one you shouldn't fook around with.....no pun intended......or maybe there was!

Best of luck bro.....

The doctor is going to tell you to stop using the anal beads. No more pull starts.

I just saved you a bunch of money.

Maybe I need an electric starter. .. wait a min that sounds worse. ..never mind. .:p