Public Shooting Range @ Delaware State Park... Reviews, Opions?

SWing'R

I recently found out that there is a public free shooting range at Delaware State Park.

It requires only a permit be purchased to use the range, $5 day permit or $24 annual permit.

Have any of you used this range?  Is it crowded as hell on weekends??

Hours are only 9a-5p Wed thur Sun.

was there twice last year.. the pass is easy to get there is a bait shop 5 mins away that you can buy the pass.. first time I went on a Saturday, waited almost 2 hrs to get on the rifle range, and about an hr to get on the pistol range.. second time I went in the week wait was similar just over and hr for rifle and 30-40 mins for the pistol range.
the range has a parks and rec officer that watches over the whole thing..  range is very similar in set up as most  were you bring your own targets.. you have to call clear and wait for all to stop shooting and step out of the firing position to be abel to set up a new target or retrieve yours.

I used to go to the Delaware range until it got so crowded. But that was before a ranger on duty, and it would sometimes creep you out and you'd leave. I would try the Deer Creek range instead.

Although the two shotgun ranges at Delaware for clays were never crowded. If there is still two of them. Bring your own launcher.

edit: Is there a pistol range at Deer Creek? (Looked it up, yes there is.)

Edited by ReconRat

Been to Delaware State Park shooting range a few times. No issues finding space to shoot. Went there on a Sunday afternoon and it was pretty empty. Bring your own targets and have at it. They do ask you to pick up your casings when you can; the place was cleaned up in the beginning of spring. Cheapest place I know of to shoot down there, and I have the year pass that's good at all the ranges in Ohio.

I used to go to the Delaware range until it got so crowded. But that was before a ranger on duty, and it would sometimes creep you out and you'd leave. I would try the Deer Creek range instead.

Although the two shotgun ranges at Delaware for clays were never crowded. If there is still two of them. Bring your own launcher.

edit: Is there a pistol range at Deer Creek? (Looked it up, yes there is.)

And Deer creek has an archery course which is FREE!!!!!!!!  pretty cool. My buddies and I go there and shoot archery quite a bit in the fall leading up to deer season. 

Used to go there frequently with my father back in the day... It was much different than it is now. I understand that's it's used pretty heavily now. I prefer more private venues.