Dumb-ass Attack While Performing Maintenance?

C-bus

My boss and I were checking for a vacuum leak on a van back when I worked at an auto shop. Spraying carb cleaner and when a vacuum leak sucks it, makes the engine run differently. Well as we are spraying, we hear something. We kind of think it sounds like a plug wire arcing. Meh. Keep spraying the flammable carb clearer when just then it ignites and the whole top of the engine is on fire. we got it out quick enough ot only melted some wire loom.

changing brake fluid with a buddy on time, comes time to bleed the brakes. I have him fill the reservoir and he goes through the front wheels, I tell him to open the bleeder valve and I will slowly press on the brakes till I tell him to tighten it back. He follows my directions but the brake pedal is still super squishy, I think to myself, oh this thing must have to be running the pump the brake fluid (i just flew home from a 13hr flight), start the motor, smash on the brake pedal, totally forgot to put the cap on the reservoir and we now have brake fluid everywhere. Time to re-bleed everything, come to find out, his brake line running to the rear distribution block had cracked and was pouring out all the fluid we were putting in anyhow. EPIC FAIL

Motor mount bolt broke off in my daughter's Buell Blast. Pulled the head so I could get the broken bolt out. I didn't get to finish it up until the next week. Put the head back on and buttoned her all up and tried to start it. The engine was seized - very weird. I finally pulled the plug and looked in the cylinder but couldn't see the top of the piston. There was some weird looking thing in there...looked just like... the shop rag I stuffed in the top of the cylinder to keep the dirt out the week before! Doh!

• Upvote 1