Help Set Up My Suspension?

Saacattack

anyone want to help me set up my suspension? Just bought an R6 and it's set for someone who weighs 220lbs and i'm about 120lbs lol I'm planiing on hitting Mid-Ohio up here soon and I know it will be all kinds of wierd if I take it how it's set up. I plan on track riding mostly, but with money being tight I still street ride but like to find any twisties I can.

Thanks!

Isaac

I'd love to get in on this. Maybe we could have a suspension party! I know mine isn't set the way it should be, and it takes at least 2 people to set sag.

I'll bring the beer!

I'm in Newark but I'll travel. I don't know that mine is setup specific to the previous owner at all. I think I need to start at the beginning with mine.

What springs are in it? If it's set up for 220 there is no way the springs will work and you will never get a good sag number. Where are you located?

I'm pretty sure it's stock springs but there is no sag. It's like siting on a rock haha

I'm also located in columbus. In the worthington area

anyone want to help me set up my suspension? Just bought an R6 and it's set for someone who weighs 220lbs and i'm about 120lbs lol I'm planiing on hitting Mid-Ohio up here soon and I know it will be all kinds of wierd if I take it how it's set up. I plan on track riding mostly, but with money being tight I still street ride but like to find any twisties I can.

Thanks!

Isaac

Likewise here. Going from your 120 to my 250 is just awful for riding. Didn't Hoblick host a suspension party before? 

Ok, stock may be ok for your weight. Depending on when you are doing this I may be able to help.

Really? Even with it set for someone at that weight? I hop on the bike and the back end doesn't move. Not compared to my previous bikes anyways.

But I would like to do it ASAP. Ill probably hit the track in July.

Stock won't handle 220 at all, most stock stuff is good for around 150 so with it backed out all the way you may be good.

Most stock suspensions are for lighter riders.

An owners manual will give you basic settings.

Front

Ride height: 2 lines showing

Preload: 2 lines showing

Rebound: 18 clicks out

Compression: hi speed 2 turns out/low speed 14 clicks out

Rear

Preload: position 4 of 8

Preload: 2 clicks out

Compression: hi speed 4 turns out/low speed 14 clicks out

according to Sportrider http://www.sportrider.com/suspension...gs/yamaha.html

Those should work well for you as long as you are the same weight as their test rider, and have the same riding style, and are riding in the same conditions with the same tires. Otherwise, as suggested, you are best off measuring sag and checking the balance of the bike by bouncing (pushing on it).

Sorry... there is no "one setting fits all" when it comes to chassis.

Yeah, I found that suspension page a while back, and it did help me setup my ZX6R......to an extent. But it's best for one size rider and really only helps to get a starting point. Sag adjustments are impossible solo.

I think this could be fun and there certainly is enough interest. If someone with the knowledge would be willing to help guys set theirs up, I'm sure we could find a place to do it.

I'm game for that. Throw a little suspension party. Even if mine doesn't need done I'd rather have it checked and help others out but also learn a out it

according to the previous owner of my R6- springs are stock. So I'm not sure how it was set for someone at 220lbs if can't handle that weight. He told me that when I was looking at it and he said he took it somewhere and had it done

Edited by Saacattack