Kilkare Dragway

2fat2fly

I was looking at the schedule for Kilkare and they have an event scheduled for Saturday, June 15. So it looks like they will be open soon. I have heard they will resume the Thursday test & tune schedule on June 20. That's not officially posted by the track, I was just told that is the day they're shooting for. I don't know if they will be resuming the Friday night bike nights. If I hear anything I will post it here. I know we have a member on here that works at Kilkare, maybe he can shed some light on all this for us so we can start planning bike night get-togethers...If they will be having any. 

http://www.kilkare.com/schedule_dragway.html

Edited by 2fat2fly

Hahafzr is a track official there at Kilkare and he was out at the dragstrip last night and said they should be done in the next week or so.  Going to be quite a different, but much better, surface to run/race on -- can't wait for Friday night T&T visits

Hahafzr is a track official there at Kilkare and he was out at the dragstrip last night and said they should be done in the next week or so.  Going to be quite a different, but much better, surface to run/race on -- can't wait for Friday night T&T visits

Are they going to run the Friday bike nights?

The strip is wider now, with cement barracades, and the shutdown is now 100ft longer.  Apparently the first weekend they're back open ( should be the next couple weekends or so) they're inviting EVERYONE ( bikes/cars/trucks/whatever ) to come and test/tune the new track and see if the improvements are definitely an improvement.  They've spent a ton of cash on it in hopes that it will escalate the facility's attendance and revenue to pay back the huge investment

Can't be any worse than the old setup, I'd think.  

Edited by Hellmutt

It would have been opened already but there was a section of the new track that didn't settle properly so they tore it out and re-paved that section. I'm looking forward to the new track. :gotnos:

Ok as of now my connection has told me this. The track is planning to be open about the 3 week of this month. The first Saturday that they are planning to open it will be open to cars and bikes as for testing for the new track. The first tuesday of every month will be the bike night. As for Friday they will be holding Friday night lights. Edge water did this on Thursday night's they are bringing it to kilkare for ( ta daa Friday night's). From my understanding they will have cars and a bike class also and o yeah u race for cash. All cars and bike must be street legal. For more info check out Friday night lights. Com.....this is all thr info I have for now...hope to see some folks out there

Ok as of now my connection has told me this. The track is planning to be open about the 3 week of this month. The first Saturday that they are planning to open it will be open to cars and bikes as for testing for the new track. The first tuesday of every month will be the bike night. As for Friday they will be holding Friday night lights. Edge water did this on Thursday night's they are bringing it to kilkare for ( ta daa Friday night's). From my understanding they will have cars and a bike class also and o yeah u race for cash. All cars and bike must be street legal. For more info check out Friday night lights. Com.....this is all thr info I have for now...hope to see some folks out there

Here's the info from Yellowbullet:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547420

The Thursday Night Lightz event will be changed to FRIDAY Nights for the 2013 Season.
The name of the event will be changing to FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTZ.
TNL will be known as FNL Moving Forward !!!

Event location will be KIL-KARE Raceway in Xenia, OH.
Dates for the event will be every Friday from – MAY 3rd Til August 16th.
EXCLUDING the JULY 5th Friday !!!!
Times will be 6pm til 12 Midnight.
Racing will be concluded by 11pm.

Pricing for the event will not be changed for 2013.

KIL-KARE Raceway has many big plans for 2013 and beyond.
Since the new property owners took ownership of the facility roughly 1 year ago, improvements and revisions have been under way.
For 2013 the Drag Strip is being fully refinished along with many other facility upgrades.

We are very pleased to be working with Kilkare Raceway for the 2013 season.
Our staff feels that the venue change will allow us to better cater to our racers and our guests.

We feel that with a Friday event, this gives many racers and guests the opportunity to attend that may not have been able to make the Thursday event, whether due to driving distance, work schedules, or other conflicts.
We are expecting to draw from all over the Tri-State Area; Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Indianapolis, Lexington, Louisville, and more !

The track’s new owners are very excited to be host to the Friday Night Lightz event.

!!! 2013 RULES AND RACING PAYOUTS WILL BE POSTED THIS COMING WEEK !!!

** Note ** We will be contacting the local hotels to inquire about group rates for our out of town guests attending the Friday Night Lightz event **

Edited by 2fat2fly

Schedule for Friday Night Lightz:

6:00 PM - Gates Open
7:00 - 9:15 Heads Up Racing
9:15-9:30 MANDATORY drivers meeting and vehicle staging
9:30-11:00 Knight, Prince, and King of the Streets Contest
11:00pm - Racing over… Lanes closed
Times may be modified by event staff as necessary.

WHERE:
Kil-Kare Raceway
1166 Dayton Xenia Road
Xenia, OH 45385
(937) 429-2961

ENTRY / PRICING INFO:
-Spectator - .00 a person …
-Kids 12 and under are free!
-Racer - .00

**We will be Popping Trunks at random at the entry gate .If you are caught Smuggling People in your trunk. You will be asked to leave**
**Must be 21+ to Drink alcoholic beverages**
**Alcoholic beverages are not permitted to be brought onto the premises - You may be subject to search at the gate – If you are caught bringing alcohol onto the premises it will be confiscated.
**No glass bottles.
**No alcoholic beverages permitted in the racing lanes or with crew on track at any time**
**No reckless driving/burnouts permitted in the staging, parking or pit areas. Violators will be ejected.
**ABSOLUTELY NO DRINKING & DRIVINGOR DRUG ABUSE AT ANY TIME**
**Cell phones are not to be used while on Race Track Surface**
** All in attendance must keep the TICKET provided at the front gate **
*** If any of the above rules are broken, you will be asked to leave the track premises ... ***

King’s Throwdown, King of the Streets, Prince, & Knight of the Streets, Bikes Contest INFO:

Bike Class :

Knight of the Streets :
Class for 13.00 and Up
Class will be run on the ¼ mile

Prince of the Streets :
Class for Cars 11.50 to 12.99

King Of The Streets:
Heads up class, fastest ET Wins

Bike King of The Streets:
Heads up class, fastest ET Wins

King’s Throwdown:
Heads up class, fastest ET wins.
Class will be run on the 1/8 mile.

**A Mandatory Drivers Meeting will take place before the start of racing; please make sure you are present**
** Roll Racing will not be Allowed, ALL Racing is Heads Up Style ** All races will be started by hand drop, the tree WILL NOT be used. Leaving before the starter drops their arms results in an automatic loss.
** A minimum of 2 spotters will be on track during all elimination
rounds to watch for jumps and any other violations that will result in an instant loss (lights on, crossing the center line, etc.)
** Only one vehicle per registrant is permitted, may only register in one race class.
* Cars must drive on and off of the Track surface under their own power. No Pushing, Towing unless the vehicle is broken. Jumping a car at the starting line will result in a Disqualification.
**CLASS RACE SCHEDULE: Knight - Prince – Bike - KOTS – King’s Throwdown
Each Class will run ONE round - giving time break between elimination rounds
** Duringeliminations all vehicles must return immediately to the staging lanes. Vehicles may not return to their pits during eliminations: All fueling/bottle changes/tire pressure changes/etc. must be done in the staging lanes. Any violations will result in disqualification.
** Drivers must be by their cars during the elimination rounds, this will keep things moving.
** if you are not in your car and ready to race when it is time for you to be pulled out of the staging lanes you will be disqualified.
** For all King’s Throwdown & King of the Street elimination rounds, car numbers will be drawn out of a hat. A track worker will draw for and assign lane choice. At the event staffs’ discretion after the draw vehicles may be put into a bracket and run through the bracket for eliminations.
** ALL King of the Street/King’s Throwdown competitors may be granted ONE 5 Minutemaintenance break each during the Elimination Round if needed. Must notify Race Official that a break is needed.
** If you have not shown up by the time the 5 minute are over you will forfeit the race..
** 10 min cool down will only be allowed for the last 3 KOTS Runs
** Negotiations only allowed for the FINAL (best of 3) Races in Bike, KOTS and King’s Throwdown only.
(If no negotiation has been agreed upon within the 10 Minutes, an event official will decide the outcome)
** Anyone who is not staff willnot be permitted on the track at any time. (unless permission granted)**
** A maximum of 2 crew members will be permitted on the track for King ofthe Streets** If more than 2 crew members are on the track the result will be a forfeit/loss for the offending team/driver
**Badges will be available for 2 crew members per kings contestant
**Once each race is completed, that Crew must exit the track until the car and driver return to the burnout box.
**Anyone found using a G-Tech or other performance meter during eliminations will be disqualified from the event immediately.
** ALL RACERS MUST FOLLOW THE RULES. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW THE RULES AND FOLLOW THEM**
-All persons who race in King of the Streets and do not win will be refunded their racing fee.

NOTE : For ALL Racing Classes –

*In the event of a weather or track conditions event cancellation occurring prior to Finals or not being able to finish eliminations due to timeconstraints; the class winnings will be carried over to the following week!

VENDOR INFO:
**We welcome any and all Vendors or Shops in theTri-State Area to participate in this event. Please contact us to set up Booth Space.
**If you have any questions, comments or concerns, Please contact us at 513-874-2508**

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTZ GENERAL TECH :

General Tech:
**Vehicles must be able to pass tech inspection as per current NHRA Rulebook.
**All racers under age 18 must have signed parental consent.
**Helmet required for 13.99 and under and all convertibles
**Roll barand helmet required for 11.49 and under except for cars meeting NHRA 2008+ manufactured vehicle requirements
**Roll Cage required for all vehiclesrunning 9.99 and faster
**Windshields must be free of any cracks.
**Helmet (Minimum Snell K-98-2000 or 2005 +
**Seat belts required for all vehicles.
**All Racers will need Long pants, closed toe shoes and a Shirt. (No sleeveless or tank tops)
**Hubcaps and beauty rings must be removed
**T-tops must be secured.
**Overflow can on coolant system of at least 16oz.

LICENSE, REGISTRATION & INSURANCE
**Current license, registration and insurance required.
**Paperwork must match the VIN# on the vehicle.
**VIN tag must be present and visible in original factory location.
**Rear license plate must be displayed in proper manner.
**No dealer tags or insurance allowed for cars racing in eliminations.
**Event staff reserves all rights regarding vehicle eligibility and disqualification.

TRACK PREP
Track will be prepped at the beginning of the event. Track prep may be touched up before eliminations and/or as determined by event staff.

BIKE TECH

TRAILERS AND SUPPORT VEHICLES:
Trailers permitted. Vehicles must be driven out of the staging lanes under their own power. No tow vehicles may be used during racing except in the event of breakage or mechanical failure.

ENGINE :
All Engine Configurations, Power Adders, and Fuel Types are permitted.
DRIVETRAIN:
Standard hand clutch required.
FRAME & SWINGARM:
Frame must remain as manufactured. May use aftermarket or modified swingarms. Bolt in swingarm extensions allowed. No wheelie bars.
LIGHTING :
Bike must have functioning OE style head light &Taillight
TIRES:
Must run DOT approved motorcycle tire.
LICENSE PLATE:
Must be affixed to bike and visible.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT:
Must meet all safety requirements for ET as per the current NHRA Rulebook.

KING OF THESTREET TECH

TRAILERS:
No trailered in vehicles allowed, car must be driven on and off the property under their own power. Vehicles must be driven out of the staging lanes under their own power. No tow vehicles may beused during racing except in the event of breakage or mechanical failure.Vehicles may not be parked in/near any trailer during the event. Empty trailers/support vehicles may be parked on property.

ENGINE :
All EngineConfigurations, Power Adders, and Fuel Types are permitted.
EXHAUST: All Naturally Aspirated, Nitrous and Supercharged cars must have an exhaust system equipped with mufflers and extend past the firewall. Electronic and manual cutouts permitted. Turbocharged cars may run an open downpipe. No hood exit exhaust systems permitted.
FRAME & CHASSIS:
Stock framerails must be retained in stock locations front and rear. Sub frame connectors are permitted. Frame rail and body modifications are allowed for tire clearance in this class.
Cars may not be Halved, Front, or Back regardless of tire size.
FRONT SUSPENSION:
All cars must retain factory stock-type suspension. Bolt on aftermarket suspension components allowed, including coil-over conversions as long as the stock mounting locations are retained.
REAR SUSPENSION:
Stock rear suspension mounting points must be used.
TIRES:
No tire size restriction. Tires must be DOT approved
BODY:
The car must retain its original appearance and profiles. Aftermarket fiberglass parts are permitted. No 1-piece front ends allowed.
LIGHTING :
Vehicle must have functioning OE type Head lights, Tail lights and brake lights.
INTERIOR:
Must retain factory dashboard, 2 front seats (racing or other), and door panels. (Aftermarket door panels Fiberglass or Carbon may be used) Panels and Dashboard may be modified in order to clear safetyequipment.
WINDOWS:
Stock OEM Front Windshield required, door and rearglass may be replaced. Door glass must be able to be raised and lowered.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT:

KING’S THROWDOWN TECH

Trailers permitted. Vehicles must be driven out of the staging lanes under their own power. No tow vehicles may be used during racing except in the event of breakage or mechanical failure.
ENGINE :
EXHAUST:
No exhaust restrictions.
FRAME & CHASSIS:
Stock front frame rails mustbe retained in stock location. Sub frame connectors are permitted. Frame rail and body modifications are allowed for tire clearance in this class.
Cars may be backhalved
FRONT SUSPENSION:
All cars must retain factory stock-type suspension. Bolt on aftermarket suspension components allowed, including coil-over conversions as long as the stock mounting locations are retained.
Vehicle must pass all NHRA tech requirements for its E.T.
REAR SUSPENSION:
Any style rear suspension setup allowed.
TIRES:
No tire size restriction. Not tire type restriction.

BODY:
The car must retainits original appearance and profiles. Aftermarket fiberglass parts are permitted. No 1-piece front ends allowed.
LIGHTING :
Vehicle must have functioning OE type Head lights, Tail lights and brake lights.
INTERIOR:
Must retain factory dashboard, 2 front seats (racing or other), and door panels. (Aftermarket door panels of any material may be used) Panels and Dashboard may be clearance in order to clear the roll bar.
WINDOWS:
FrontWindshield required, door and rear glass may be replaced. Side windows must be able to be raised and lowered.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT:

KNIGHT & PRINCE OF THE STREETS TECH

Trailers permitted. Vehicles must be driven out of the staging lanes under their ownpower. No tow vehicles may be used during racing except in the event of breakage or mechanical failure.

ENGINE :
FRAME & CHASSIS:
Stock frame rails must be retained in stock locations front and rear. Sub frame connectors are permitted. Frame rail and body modifications are allowed fortire clearance in this class.
Cars may not be Halved, Front, or Back regardless of tire size.
FRONT SUSPENSION:
Vehicle must pass all NHRA tech requirements for its E.T.
REAR SUSPENSION:
Stock style rear suspension and factory mounting points must be maintained.
TIRES:
Types of tires are not restricted; DOT, Slicks etc are permitted. Slick Type Tire size is limited to 28x10.50” as marked on sidewall (Excludes 10.50W tire),
DOT Slicks must not exceed 28”in height or 10.5 width as measured through tread section (not sidewall)
DOT Drag Radials limited to a 315 width.
Larger Street Radial tires allowed if tread wear rating is 200 or greater. (must be identifiable on sidewall of tire).
BODY:
The car must retain its original appearance and profiles. Aftermarket fiberglass parts are permitted. No 1-piece front ends allowed.
LIGHTING :
Vehicle must have functioning OE type Headlights, Taillights and brake lights.
INTERIOR:
Must retain dashboard, 2 front seats (racing or other), and door panels. (Aftermarket door panels of any material may be used) Panels and Dashboard may be clearanced in order to clear roll bars/cages.
WINDOWS:
Stock OEM Front Windshield required, door and rear glass may be replaced. Door glass must be able to be raised and lowered.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT:
Must meet all safety requirements for ET as perthe current NHRA Rulebook.

** If at any point in the evening if a vehicle is found to be in violation of any tech rule even if it was not previously noticed by the tech inspector the offending car and driver will be disqualified for the evening. Peer tech is encouraged.

I went by the track today. It's still closed  but the concrete all appears to be poured (at least what I could see from the road). A friend told me that next Saturday will be a test and tune day open to everyone. I hope somebody on here can confirm this....I have no idea what the hours will be. Might be a great day for an O.R. get together at the track.

I was told tonight that there is a tentative plan to hold a test n tune at Kilkare on Thursday afternoon. I won't have confirmation until Wednesday evening for that though. They're going to be testing the track electronics and timing  systems this week to try to be open Thursday. They may also have a t n t on Saturday . Again I won't know anything until Wednesday at the earliest. 

I'll ask Chad today at work and see if he can confirm any of this. I'm excited to see/hear how the new setup looks and performs for everyone. Hopefully these changes will breathe new life back into the old facility.