Newb From Akron

Zherman330

Hello OR... Heard from a couple guys over on 600rr.net to check this place out. I bought my first street bike 2 weeks ago. Been having a blast. Looking to learn anything I can about the bike, riding, meet some new people and find some new places to ride. Im planning on doing some work to the bike this weekend so if anybody has anything that needs done or wants to lend some knowledge hit me up. 

Since any thread is useless without pics... here is the bike off the showroom floor. Starting to look a little different. Many mods to come.

945574_10151670770653385_1459931506_n.jp

946104_10151670770663385_527671579_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

I took the MSF course two weeks ago. I raced motocross growing up and have missed being on a bike. I waited about 5 years until I was sure I could ride with a little more maturity and be responsible on the road. Not down with the squidliness. I would love to eventually get into track days/ racing. Right now im just trying to get the bike adjusted to me and figure out easy shiite like adjusting the chain and such. Thanks for the welcome guys!!

Didn't want to start a new thread... Does anybody have experience installing frame sliders that might be willing to give me a hand sometime in the very near future? Beer/ pizza/ hand job/ whatever for the help. I really dont feel like messing up my shiny oem fairings

Nice choice on the bike. Hope everything goes well. Ride safe! Ive got a set of woodcrafts sitting in the garage waiting. Have to cut the fairings. Slightly nervous about drilling into my baby.

Welcome. Nice bike. I installed some Woodcraft sliders on my 1000rr without problems. Just make some pointy head transfer screws, detach the fairings at the rear only, remove the frame bolts (being cautious I only did one side at a time), pull the fairings back enough to install the transfer screws, press on the outside of the fairings in the vicinity of the transfer screws to make a "center punch mark on the undersides of the fairings, remove fairings, pilot drill through from the undersides of the fairings, 2" hole saw through from the outsides (to avoid burrs) of the fairings, install metal frame slider "studs", install fairings, install plastic frame slider "pavement contact pieces" & you're done. These are something nice to have that you never want to use. Good luck & I'll see you on a twisty road sometime.

• Upvote 1