Colorado / Utah Cruise

Earache

Shot this last year with my friend Neil. Riding Route 141 along the Utah / Colorado border....

Will be headed there again in July with ShittyGixer, Neil and another guy. Can't wait.

Hope to shoot a ton of video this year and document the ride a bit better. Wish editing and uploading to YouTube wasn't such a pain in the ass.

Our own Casper rode down this route with me a few years back - but he's probably forgotten that by now.

Edited by Earache

I'm going to run up through the badlands area en route to Glacier natl forest and then down thru Idaho falls eventually ending up in Zion natl park then cruising back east thru Colorado.

So send all the roads you want, I will have to pick and choose my route.

Edited by dustinsn3485

I'm going to run up through the badlands area en route to Glacier natl forest and then down thru Idaho falls eventually ending up in Zion natl park then cruising back east thru Colorado.

So send all the roads you want, I will have to pick and choose my route.

Cool ! I've done pretty much that same ride a few times over the years.

Little tickler from last year as we rode through Utah...

I wasn't on a motorcycle at the time, but the area around Zion national is amazing. Kanab,UT had a few good sites too. I will have to check our vacation notes for roads and sites.

Zion....

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

That's freaking incredible. My trip can't come soon enough. Will 16 days be enough? I'm hoping to do a fair bit of camping as well, hopefully that's gonna be possible. I've got friends in glacier and my sister lives in Bryce, ut. I'll also have a place in Idaho falls, but outside of that its going to be camping where possible.

I think you'll have no problems camping at all - there's a shitload of government land out there that no one watches or patrols. If it's dry, you won't want to be starting a fire though as that will attract all sorts of unwanted attention. So have dry food that requires no fire to make. Just pull off the road and find some secluded spot and you should be good to go.\

Lots of Indian Nation lands as well - probably don't wanna camp on any of that as they're very protective of their lands.

Two weeks is plenty. We did Indy to Colorado to Glacier to Santa Fe, New Mexico and back to Indy in 14 days 3 years ago. Had a few long days in there, but I don't remember any of it sucking too badly.