Ohio Motorcycle Test Questions

bandit12

Things have changed since I took my test, has anyone taken the riding test in the last few years?

I thought if you put your foot down you flunked, now I'm hearing three times to fail?

A few modifications to the testing procedure. If you are on a HD you fail if you duck walk more than 80% of the course, but you do get to drink a beer everytime you use your front brake

• Upvote 1

http://www.motorcycle.ohio.gov/MO_skill_test.pdf

Here is an answer that might be more helpful

The test itself is composed of seven elements which are:

•Left Turn

•Controlled Stop

•Offset Weave

•Right Hand U-Turn

•Quick Stop

•Obstacle Swerve

•Stalling

The first six are usually combined so that you will make four separate runs composed of a left turn then a controlled stop, followed by a second run composed of the offset weave to a right hand U-turn. The quick stop and obstacle swerve are done separately.

Stalling is listed as one of the seven exercises but the only thing examiners consider is the ability to operate the bike without stalling during the course of the test.

The test is graded on deductions. Every state can set up their own deduction schedule as well as the maximum number of allowable points so the following information is typical but may be different in your state.

The majority of states appear to use 10 points as the maximum allowed for passing. Deductions are earned for riding outside boundary lines, putting a foot down and missing or hitting cones. Stalling the motorcycle will also earn deductions as will skidding during the normal stop segment.

The point deductions for putting a foot down are usually 3 points for the first time during a specific exercise and 5 points maximum for the second and subsequent faults. Stalling once is a 1-point deduction, 3 points for second time and a maximum of 5 points for three or more stalls.

Skipping or hitting cones in the offset weave have deductions of 3 points for the first cone and 5 for two or more. Other deductions will be covered in the individual descriptions of the exercises.

The test will be terminated if the motorcycle is dropped or if it is operated in an unsafe manner, such as running over the examiner! The test will also be terminated if the rider has accumulated enough points to fail or has repeatedly failed to understand or follow instructions. The rider also has the option of quitting at any time.

Took my test back when I was 16 on a Harley Sportster past first try practice practice practice so you do not have to put your feet down.

Edited by HeavyDuty

On a positive note my youngest son now has his motorcycle endorcement.

Only missed 4 points but his turn signal went out between home and there so he had to take it on my bike.

Out of the five who tested while we were there,

one couldn't test because they couldn't get their turn signal working,

my kid passed on my bike,

another guy passed,

one failed,

and one couldn't keep his bike running, he was still testing when we left. 

Now I have to fix a loose connection/splice, it has a conversion that puts the turn signals in the tail light. I wiggled the wiring and the light goes on and off so it should be an easy fix.

Edited by bandit12

I got to get the oldest to actually go test, he has had two or three different permits. Yeah its fun to ride with them but it nerve wrecking also, like on the way home today a guy in a pick-up squeezed between us and I wouldn't have tried to fit in that opening.