Roads With A Little Twist

thorne

I suggest you stay away from 555 all together. Head towards Hocking, head toward Mohican, head towards Marietta, head towards Coshocton, head towards Southern Ohio.....lots of great roads in Ohio. 541, 520, 514, 62, 715, 83, 586, 60, 206, portions of 36, all good roads pretty close to home that would make you smile.

Edited by Pokey

The Hoover loop around you is fun. Just don't add to the Crash Church's tally.

Sadly not much connected technical stuff around central Ohio.

what is the hoover loop, i ride around hoover all the time and never find a nice route

North on Sunbury

East on Central College

North on Cubbage

East on Walnut

North on Schott (Turns into Red Bank after Smothers)

West on Red Bank (Fun decreasing radius right)

West on Sunbury to return (Or continue straight until you hit Galena and thats a cool ride too)

It is nothing crazy exciting, but it is at least somewhat twisty in places and it has a few fun corners and connecting corner sections.

I'm in need of some recreational riding, I'm not sure I'm ready for the 555 on my new bike so was curious if you guys has some suggestions for roads to work my way up on. 

555 is fine as long as you have the discipline to ride within your abilities and keep focused on the upcoming road.

• 1 month later...

Yep any road is good ridden that way. As you get used to your bike and the roads then just pick up the pace and then they're even gooder. :)

I'm in need of some recreational riding, I'm not sure I'm ready for the 555 on my new bike so was curious if you guys has some suggestions for roads to work my way up on. 

Olentangy River Road is twisty, but u have to watch out for deer, and stupid shit motorists.

For the cbus area...your not going to find a road any better IMO. However, hocking is like what an hours drive away lol

Hocking is usually too crowded, I guess I am of the mindset of when I want to really ride......I am gonna really ride.

555 ...  ...

Edited by JBWalker

• 2 weeks later...

Olentangy River Road is twisty, but u have to watch out for deer, and stupid shit motorists.

Maybe you meant to say Riverside Drive?  Olentangy for the most part i pretty much like a highway with traffic lights. Riverside Drive along the Scioto River, parallel to the Olentangy but west a few miles, is the good one within I270... Riverside Drive and then continue onto Klondike Rd, then you can go north and then cut east and map out a route past Delaware Lake, Hoover Reservoir, and Alum Creek Lake. 

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207813457435995713568.0004d0fcde2445c96b05f&msa=0&ll=40.159197,-82.873306&spn=0.186819,0.308647

315 is pretty nice and scenic for just out of the city, the Scenic Byway portion north of 270, all the way until it merges with 23.  head south and catch a few roads on the other side of the Olentangy RIver there (Chapman toTaggart Rd I've ridden, probably more good ones also)

Edited by Chuck78

Sorry, learning how map links work on this forum, and learning that it will only let you edit a post within a few minutes of posting it...

riverside drive to the 3 lakes to sunbury rd (Hogback Rd is in there and about as twisty as it gets in the columbus area):

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207813457435995713568.0004d0fcde2445c96b05f&msa=0&ll=40.124291,-83.090973&spn=0.747659,1.234589

Sorry guys, this 5 minute cutoff on editing a post is killing me!  Can an administrator delete that last post for me, the map wouldn't post like the previous one for me, same link as the post before.

Some of my favorites:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207813457435995713568.0004d301f515b6c55f4d0&msa=0

you can catch Jack Run Rd on the way home to Columbus north off of 374, to Rich Hollow Rd and/or Snortin Ridge Rd, that takes you back to Revenge Rd and Clear Creek Rd. GREAT riding.

Edited by Chuck78

• 4 months later...

I suggest you stay away from 555 all together. Head towards Hocking, head toward Mohican, head towards Marietta, head towards Coshocton, head towards Southern Ohio.....lots of great roads in Ohio. 541, 520, 514, 62, 715, 83, 586, 60, 206, portions of 36, all good roads pretty close to home that would make you smile.

As above, iffen ya hits this area 514, 520, 541, 715, yadda, yadda....lemme know. I know the eat spots... :)