Convoy?

rawlins87

Doubt it. Tim seems to think leaving at the butt crack of dawn and then driving the speed limit or under is fun. I have a couple stops to make in the morn. Casper is leaving a day early. The Rawlins and Midget crew were the only 2 out of all of us that stayed together the whole trip anyway.

Doubt it. Tim seems to think leaving at the butt crack of dawn and then driving the speed limit or under is fun. I have a couple stops to make in the morn. Casper is leaving a day early. The Rawlins and Midget crew were the only 2 out of all of us that stayed together the whole trip anyway.

You taking about me or hutch? If me, Apparently you didn't witness the trip home last year. We were flyin.

Edited by 2talltim

Plus last year i had the heaviest rig with the smallest engine. I'll be hella lighter this time, Adrian gets that title this time. Now everyone don't forget to wave to them as you zoom around them going up Jelico mountain.;)

Edited by 2talltim

I may feel your pain and pace this year, the woman wants to take the Tahoe and I have agreed against my better judgement. The Dodge with the Hemi is way better IMO but she says the captains chairs in the Tahoe are more comfy. With the truck last year I set the cruise at 75 and let her roll, barely ever shifted out of OD and averaged 15.7 mpg. There's no way in hell this Tahoe will do that.

I may feel your pain and pace this year, the woman wants to take the Tahoe and I have agreed against my better judgement. The Dodge with the Hemi is way better IMO but she says the captains chairs in the Tahoe are more comfy. With the truck last year I set the cruise at 75 and let her roll, barely ever shifted out of OD and averaged 15.7 mpg. There's no way in hell this Tahoe will do that.

I got 9mpg going down trying to keep it at 70 ish and 7.5mpg in the way back with the hammer down last year. But that enclosed was like a big ass kite back there

Nope. You'll get about 11 overall if you have the tow package and 3.73 gears.

DO NOT pull a trailer with the OD on unless you want to snap the rubber band.

Nope. You'll get about 11 overall if you have the tow package and 3.73 gears.

DO NOT pull a trailer with the OD on unless you want to snap the rubber band.

The Dodge can handle it, the new tranny they are using is good to go until you get to the heavier loads then the tow mode goes in.

I'm not that confident with the Tahoe tranny though. I'm also going to try and find time to get it to Brian for a tune before the trip and hope it helps with the mpg and power. My Hemi gets better mpg towing than the Tahoe does without a trailer lol

Tahoe? Are the windows tinted the ladies might get frisky

"That's How It's Done Son"

Plus last year i had the heaviest rig with the smallest engine. I'll be hella lighter this time, Adrian gets that title this time. Now everyone don't forget to wave to them as you zoom around them going up Jelico mountain. ;)

Don't say that I am riding with him.

• Upvote 1

I just pray that Pathfinder can pull a 6x12 with 4 bikes and a scooter on it. Because if my trip gets ruined :beating:

AND all your gear. Pack which are going to need for the weekend in a backpack. If it breaks down yank the bikes off and ride the rest of the way.

I've been told the Chevy has a belt running the OD. I've been told to never run it with overdrive on while towing because it will destroy the belt quickly.

that pathfinder is gonna struggle!

If all goes as planned, hoping departure time is 6am from CLE but still gotta figure out the logistics with Pauly. I like leaving early cause it gives us a few extra hours of riding down there. Its about the only time I will hit the dragon since its usually pretty quiet at that time