Help! Appraise My Bike.

OhioMarine

Quick back story- Been in the military for a little while now (if the name didn't give it away). Got stationed in Southern California where my bike was totaled. Didn't ride for a while because I couldn't afford another bike, and the insurance payout wasn't enough to buy anything I was interested in. Considering they only paid me what they figured a CBR 600F4 was worth with 25,000 miles. Now I'm back in Ohio with another 1999 Honda CBR 600F4. I've been waiting my whole life to be able to ride around on cruisers with my father and his friends, and now may be as good a time as any. With that said, I'm attaching photos via imgur (because I don't remember how to do ANYTHING on this site), and I would truly appreciate your honest opinions.

1999 Honda CBR600F4

This bike in essence is COMPLETELY ORIGINAL! I have obviously gotten new brakes, a K&N air filter, new tires and chain (very recent), and the "double bubble" tinted windshield. I will include a dust cover, and the bikini day cover (pictured), as well as all the original accessories I have. These will include the spare key still in the sleeve with tag, original windshield, pin from dealer, sticker, patch, business cards from salesman, and hopefully I haven't lost the original 1999 Honda catalog during the move.  :unsure: 

For your consideration: http://imgur.com/a/SBoa1

And because I miss it: http://i.imgur.com/7TE6g.jpg

Thank you in advance for any helpful comments!

from the hip, off the cuff, ball park, ROM, etc etc estimate off the top of my head:

sell it quick for 2500-ish

sell it taking your time for low 3000's

but it's summer, so there's no telling what people are willing to pay.

list it at 3500, and see if you get a bit for low 3's.

good luck!

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your service, and DONT buy a cruiser!!!!! 

First, you're very welcome. Second, it's going to happen. It absolutely has to. I think that this bike, in it's current state, means more to me than it is actually worth. I'm thinking I might have to just hold on to it until it's a collector and just buy a cruiser from scratch. Maybe then I'll have the best of both worlds..

based on the other F4's on CL, I think you're fine asking $3500  ...but I think those bikes are overpriced.  There's a guy asking $3k for the same bike with almost double the mileage yours has, and another guy asking $3500 for an F4 (mileage not listed) with a 10" stretch.

Put $2800 - $3700 in the price range on CL, and see what your competition is at the $3500 price-point.  You're not going to get a lot of people who simply MUST have an F4.  In fact, in a weird way, it almost hurts your resale value that the F4i was available shortly thereafter.