Lots And Lots Of Changes Made. Lots More Coming.

Casper

Yes, as others said lost. I know you put a lot of work in man but I don't like it. Ill probably take a few days off and let you complete it then check back in. The white and blue screens are a pain. Hate not having the new post button. "Yes I know there's a new content tab" it's not the same. No tab to click to go straight to the new post in a thread from the list. Quotes are not really separated from the reply ect.

Not digging it, much like the I phone just makes things harder than they have to be. The new site seems to make navigation harder than it needs to be. There's a few other forums I quit using because they went to similar set ups that just make it a pia to use. The old site was simple, clean, functional. Just my 2 pennies.

• Upvote 1

Where do we change the number of posts visible per page or is it always going to be 20.  I like to make mine like 40-50 so I can keep reading long posts, usually about Magz, and not have to click page 101, etc.  Overall I don't really have any issues with it and I think the reply type box is actually nice and user friendly with the options there.

Yes, as others said lost. I know you put a lot of work in man but I don't like it. Ill probably take a few days off and let you complete it then check back in. The white and blue screens are a pain. Hate not having the new post button. "Yes I know there's a new content tab" it's not the same. No tab to click to go straight to the new post in a thread from the list. Quotes are not really separated from the reply ect.

Not digging it, much like the I phone just makes things harder than they have to be. The new site seems to make navigation harder than it needs to be. There's a few other forums I quit using because they went to similar set ups that just make it a pia to use. The old site was simple, clean, functional. Just my 2 pennies.

White and blue screens? Should be white, grey, red. 

I switched to Invision Power Board from vBulletin. vBulletin was bought out a couple years ago and I can't stand the last two products they've released. This software is used by NBC, NASA, NHL, Live Nation, etc. It's much more of a professional setup. It will allow us to do much more than we were ever able to before. 

If you have suggestions for appearance type things, take a screenshot if you can and post it with a description of what you'd like to see. I'll try my hardest to make it work. 

If you have any questions about how to do something or anything else, feel free to ask. 

Found the problem with the albums. They're not being associated with a user. They are all there though. Give me some time and I'll get that one fixed. I'm going to go ahead and disable the gallery for now until I get it resolved. 

Where do we change the number of posts visible per page or is it always going to be 20.  I like to make mine like 40-50 so I can keep reading long posts, usually about Magz, and not have to click page 101, etc.  Overall I don't really have any issues with it and I think the reply type box is actually nice and user friendly with the options there.

That's a good question. I'll have to look into it.

I like it, and I pretty much hate everything. So that is saying a lot.  Is tapatalk dead here now?  Can't tell if it is dead or if the network admin here needs a kick in the ass for f'ing up the guest wireless again. I swear I am going to take the packet shaper he bought and shove it up his ass. But I digress....yea, tapatalk is dead, confirmed.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

had to change the way I post up a load of pictures, but nothing so bad to keep me from doing it!  :)

My only question, why wouldn't it let me post a .bmp link?  Granted, those are few and far between, but that one wouldn't fly.

All in all, I know you put in a $hitload of work, and it shows.

So, thanks for the work, man.  

PS - send the wifey a big "Thanks" since I know she has to listen to you while you are doing all this stuff!  ;)

Screenshot attached. Seems to be working for me?

Can't see screenshot on phone.

If you click new content and then forums (since it seems to start out with new members) then read a thread and click new content again it says no new content.

Can't see screenshot on phone.

If you click new content and then forums (since it seems to start out with new members) then read a thread and click new content again it says no new content.

Sounds like you're doing something wrong. I hit new content, and it goes to new forum posts. Shows everything unread. Mobile or desktop version of the site?