Lots And Lots Of Changes Made. Lots More Coming.

Casper

Is it just me or does it seem like since the makeover, there aren't nearly as many postings?

When I get a minute I'll check and let you know for sure. This was also a weekend before a 3-day weekend, so a lot of folks were/are on vacation.

We're about 600 posts less than the week before, but that includes being down all day Monday. I'm confident it'll go back up. Traffic wise we're actually up.

Interesting. Didn't even think about the holiday. I do know I haven't been on as much, think I'm just trying to adapt to the changes, and there hasn't been a whole lot of topics that interest me.

Interesting. Didn't even think about the holiday. I do know I haven't been on as much, think I'm just trying to adapt to the changes, and there hasn't been a whole lot of topics that interest me.

This.  I think everyone is busy adapting to IPBoard, and maybe, just maybe some people are actually getting out and riding!

Edited by jporter12

One thing that I didn't see on your list Casper, is the highlighting for certain regions in Rides and Events.  Is that even possible with IPBoard?

I can add that to the list. Not 100% sure how to go about it yet. 

Things that bug me, more so than the rest that bug me, list is long so Ill go with the couple that bug me the most.

1) why do I have to double click every fucking thing?

2) why does the damn shout box keep putting the red number at the top of my page of the new posts there when I don't even use it. I have to read the crap to get the number gone.

3) I use full site, don't like mobile sites of anything. When I click back and forth to pages or wake phone back up, go between FB and OR ect half the time it switches back to mobile and then I have to switch it back to full. Why can't it just stay on full?

4) why can't mark read be at the top like it used to be by the new posts, pia to scroll to bottom everytime to mark read.

5) why does new content not alway bring up new content? Sometimes it brings up new members, new albums, new what the fuck ever. Can't it just bring up new posts period like it used to? Might be part of why posts are down here lately I'm sure I can't be the only one who gets tired of trying to find the new posts and gives up to go do something else.

All due respect and shit, signed flustered fucking redneck.

Edit forgot a damn smiley so nobody gets their panties in a bunch so :D

Edited by MidgetTodd
  • Upvote 1

And just saw that my address and phone both show in my profile and I can't remove it or change it to some made up one???? I really don't like the idea of our resident douchebags having anyone's address they want. That really needs to go away pronto

• Upvote 2

Things that bug me, more so than the rest that bug me, list is long so Ill go with the couple that bug me the most.

1) why do I have to double click every fucking thing?

2) why does the damn shout box keep putting the red number at the top of my page of the new posts there when I don't even use it. I have to read the crap to get the number gone.

3) I use full site, don't like mobile sites of anything. When I click back and forth to pages or wake phone back up, go between FB and OR ect half the time it switches back to mobile and then I have to switch it back to full. Why can't it just stay on full?

4) why can't mark read be at the top like it used to be by the new posts, pia to scroll to bottom everytime to mark read.

5) why does new content not alway bring up new content? Sometimes it brings up new members, new albums, new what the fuck ever. Can't it just bring up new posts period like it used to? Might be part of why posts are down here lately I'm sure I can't be the only one who gets tired of trying to find the new posts and gives up to go do something else.

All due respect and shit, signed flustered fucking redneck.

Edit forgot a damn smiley so nobody gets their panties in a bunch so :D

1) No help

2) Perhaps if you hit the shoutbox, the preferences at the bottom and turn off the shoutbox that will go away. Worth a try.

3) In the settings of your phones browser is one that probably says 'request full site'.  Check that.

4) Agree, would be nice at the top next to View New Content. But if not, I can live with that. If the old OR had it at the bottom we would be annoyed if this one was at the top. It's a matter of habit. In a few weeks neither of us will even notice it anymore.

5) New content is context sensitive. If you are on the home page or forum page and hit it you will get posts. If you are on a member page and hit it you will get new members.