The Umbrella Image

just_some_dude

Doesn't bother me at all.

The Marine Corps is sworn to defend the President of the United States against all enemies, foreign, domestic and meteorological.

The president or the constitution?

I posted the article on Facebook last night with the following caption:

I'm gonna go ahead and say "boo fucking hoo" on this one. "oh no! The (democrat) President asked for a courteous gesture to a foreign prime minister, likely with ZERO knowledge that he was violating Marine Corps tradition." A gaff, yes. But hardly the blatant disrespect it's being portrayed as... My guess is both Marines who complied with the order had every authority to refuse the order, and no knowledge that they should have.

I think the President should acknowledge it and apologize to the Marine Corps, but that out to be the end of it. I wouldn't even think it needs to be a public apology.

I posted the article on Facebook last night with the following caption:

I'm gonna go ahead and say "boo fucking hoo" on this one. "oh no! The (democrat) President asked for a courteous gesture to a foreign prime minister, likely with ZERO knowledge that he was violating Marine Corps tradition." A gaff, yes. But hardly the blatant disrespect it's being portrayed as... My guess is both Marines who complied with the order had every authority to refuse the order, and no knowledge that they should have.

I think the President should acknowledge it and apologize to the Marine Corps, but that out to be the end of it. I wouldn't even think it needs to be a public apology.

I understand the only reason it upsets me is because the image with the statement on it, is dead accurate.

I only saw the caption this morning. The article I had read was quoting the Marine Corps code left and right, and strongly implying President Obama was the antichrist for ordering two Marines to violate said code.

The President's failures and mistakes of the past have little to do with a Marine holding an umbrella... I agree that mistakes were made, just not that this picture has anything to do with them, or is any kind of statement about them.

I'm no fan of Barry's, but it's silly to crucify the man for every little insignificant thing. There are more than enough big issues where it's completely valid to criticize the President. No need to invent more.

if they knew it was going to rain, why not just duct tape the "I'm a woose shield" to the fucking podium?

In Obamas defense, the administration "doesn't know anything" before we do. Obama finds out from the news just like we do. So he really had no way of knowing it was going to rain. I'm sure Carney will back that that up as well.

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone

• Upvote 3

I despise the man, and maybe I'm ignorant as to the roles of the USMC in regard to Presidential protocol, but I don't know why this surprises anyone. Liberals despise the military (but love being flown around by them. A lot). Any chance to put them in the place of a servant, or see how long they can hold up an umbrella while one babbles and twists is seen as a bonus opportunity.

With everything else going on, this is a non-issue.

BTW, I love the way he says that he's responsible for everything and soooo busy, yet when something goes wrong, all he does is claim ignorance.

Unreal.

• Upvote 1