DTM Brian

By bike class.

1000-Honda

750-Suzuki

600-Yamaha

250-Kawasaki

Supermoto-KTM

Touring-Canam

1000 - Honda....ppppffftttt!!! You've been sucking the Cycle World tit again haven't you.

Yeah, next you'll be spouting off that spaghetti is better than steak.

:nono:

Looks are the least important factor. Unless you're a woman.

Performance is the least important factor. Unless you're Valentino Rossi. $100 says if you couldn't see or hear the bike, you'd never be able to tell the difference within Jap supersport classes.

Just remember this when you put that fender eliminator, smoked windscreen, flush mount turn signals, and aftermarket exhaust on for the "performance" gains ;-)

Edited by smashweights

Which one do you think makes the best sport bike?

Who makes the best liter bike?

Who makes the best 600?

LETTUCE DISCUSS!!!!!

Zx10 liter bike once the clutch is changed.

Yamaha makes a good 600

The cross plane r1 sounds sexy as get all.

Performance is the least important factor. Unless you're Valentino Rossi. $100 says if you couldn't see or hear the bike, you'd never be able to tell the difference within Jap supersport classes.

Just remember this when you put that fender eliminator, smoked windscreen, flush mount turn signals, and aftermarket exhaust on for the "performance" gains ;-)

Get the 100 ready for me because I can. I'm short, very easy to tell difference.

As for the other stuff, fender eliminator I made myself to make plate hard to read and so the traffic cams in Newark couldn't see it. Function, not looks

Smoked screen because the oem one broke in my first crash, it was in stock. Convenient

Flush mounts, again oem broke in first crash. Flush, doesn't need taped on track day. Function and laziness

Aftermarket exhaust is a full titanium system with intake and pcIII and dyno tune. Performance, Function, Weight savings to make up for my fat ass ;)

• Upvote 1

^^This applies to me. I can't tell any performance differences between stock Jap 600's which is why I go for looks.

I didn't mean all performance. Ergos, Reliability, Features, dealer support, maintain costs ect. Looks should be last unless your just in it for the looks and not the sport.

That squid bike is the best!

What is the criteria we want to discuss....ergonomics, HP, handling, aesthetics, aftermarket support, parts availability, cost....? Street or track?

Well I just did some shopping in this area. I had a totally off the wall bike before in the Buell xb12.

I ended up on a Honda cbr600rr for me. I think alot of why we buy bikes is looks and feel. I picked up the 2013 cbr it just has a nice classy fast look. But the biggest thing for me is im a shorter man in that im only 5'5. The bike that fit me best as for a shorter rider is by far the gsxr600 then the honda and Kawi were a tie but the yamaha sites way to wide in the seat for me to get my legs down enough to really maneuver the bike around. As for performance I will never be able to push the bike to its fullest ability's like most people on here. A 600 that is really hot also is the triumph 675. just my 2 penny's