Open carry lawsuit out of Dayton.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

1:45 in the video explains everything.

Ignorant cop.

I hope Mr. Call gets the money he's seeking, and I hope the cop loses his job.

I pretty much called it, didn't I Pokey.

From what I understand, once the recording he has of the whole thing from the beginning on his phone comes out it is going to be way worse for the cops.

1:45 in the video explains everything.

Ignorant cop.

I hope Mr. Call gets the money he's seeking, and I hope the cop loses his job.

I pretty much called it, didn't I Pokey.

Yup you and others called it, now we know. This could've been handled in 2 ways, he chose the 1 that is gonna get him allot of money and stood up for his rights, respect from the gun community, hopefully police will learn from this, and the police department in hot water. I still hate open carry, but the law is the law. So will police ever learn, or will they continue to be ignorant?

• Upvote 1

According to the law he probably didn't do anything that broke the law.

According to common sense, it probably could have been handled in a much better way by both sides.

Edited by Assassin
  • Upvote 1

4DAIVI PAI2K5, scottie.harris, Gunner75,

How would you have responded to the scene(as a police officer)?

The police have the right to 'attempt' to question the guy. If he refuses to answer questions and they see no illegal activities, he is entitled to be free to leave.

I'm not sure if someone already answered this, but as soon as I saw the question, I hit quote.

The police have the right to 'attempt' to question the guy. If he refuses to answer questions and they see no illegal activities, he is entitled to be free to leave.

I'm not sure if someone already answered this, but as soon as I saw the question, I hit quote.

Where the gray portion of the law comes into play, is at what point if any did they find him suspicious? Many laws are written on purpose with gray areas, and many times it is in the favor of law enforcement, even if the charges were to be dropped later. I am sure that many will come to the realization that open carry just is not worth the trouble or attention it can cause. I have a few good friends that are law enforcement, I am dying to hear what they think about this and what would they more than likely or for sure would have done.

Not necessarily. ;)

Yea, they don't stick together as much as they are accused of. Road to ip for the victory demo with a close cop friend. We ended up talking about the Cleveland shooting of those two crack heads.

He was very strong in his condemnation of both the chase and the shoot. Have them a pass on firing at first since he wasn't there but said they number of shots and from so many officers was eel crap.

I am pretty sure everything we've been saying in this thread is exactly whats been said in this video.

Yeah he pretty much put them in their place, once they knew he had them it was pretty comical to see him just ask for his gun back and they readily gave it back to him. This does seem like a very if not identical situation as Dayton, and I wonder had nobody called and complained if police still might have stopped him? And why oh why can't people just mind their own damn business. :nono:

And I like how this officer reacted to a situation of legal carry, this doesnt seem like it would be very hard for them all to abide by. Of course this could have been staged for all that I know, I hope it is legit though.

Edited by Pokey

Why does the youtube link sometimes pop up as a video window, and others times just the link? This is beyond annoying, at another site I frequent the youtube video player always shows up.

Edited by Pokey

Holy shit I just found my brotha from anotha mutha......he has summed up pretty much my entire thought process and belief system in the whole open carry and "it is my right to legally do so" clusterfuck. And yet again the link shows and not the actual video. :mad: Well I just went to IE and copied and pasted and it worked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9abjsU7ibvE&feature=player_detailpage

Edited by Pokey

Well that's only a couple. We've got others here that probably haven't seen it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That is okay. You can't move a mountain in a day. I've accepted the approach that the liberals have used. Slow an steady, use every opportunity to further the cause ever so slightly.

That is okay. You can't move a mountain in a day. I've accepted the approach that the liberals have used. Slow an steady, use every opportunity to further the cause ever so slightly.

I personally don't think this means what you think it means.

Maybe this is a battle that needs to happen (again), but all these Youtubes of people baiting the cops to argue constitutional rights are certainly accomplishing a goal of creating more awareness regarding the laws around the rights to carry, search and seizure, etc. But I think the general public are going to land on the other side of the fence, stating that they can't believe it's legal to walk around openly carrying a gun, including fully loaded "assault" rifles. I think the only reason they don't know is because it doesn't happen very often.

The problem here is that most non-gun owning individuals (notice I said non-gun, not anti-gun) would think an individual walking down the street with a rifle on his back is a potential threat. I know I would, and I'm really really pro-gun. So these people call the cops, and then later find out that the person wasn't acting illegally, to the shock of the people calling the police.

Now imagine this scenario happening more and more in our current anti-gun climate, and here comes the anti-gunners touting a new "common sense" measure that people shouldn't be allowed to walk down the street openly carring a gun. My perception is that most Americans would agree that this should not be legal, as it is impossible to determine an armed individual's intent, creates panic, blah blah blah.

My perception, and it could be wrong, but I doubt it, is that the general public would agree that open carry should NOT be legal. The only reason that it is still legal is due to the lack of awareness. Whether or not it remains legal after people become more aware is yet to be seen.

• Upvote 2