Back on 2-wheels...

wolfman

Picked this up last Saturday: :)

a6olUlK.jpg

yCVlaRL.jpg

I've been bike-less for a couple years while finishing up school. This is my first liter bike and I have previously had only Honda sportbikes: f4i, 03 600rr, 07 600rr

First impression (after 130 miles):

So far I am very impressed...braking is phenomenal and handling is on par with 07+600rr. Ergos are slightly more aggressive than 07+ 600rr and more like 03-06 600rr. I can't really comment on power yet as the bike is neutered with a 9000 rpm rev limiter until the first service...still pretty quick though. Not overly impressed with the transmission (little notchy)...hopefully this will improve with break-in. However, the clutchless upshifting is a thing of beauty with the stock quickshifter. I haven't touched the suspension yet, so no comment there. Overall build-quality is definitely a notch above the Japanese bikes I'm used to.

Now if only it wasn't so damn ugly! ;)

Picked this up last Saturday: :)

a6olUlK.jpg

yCVlaRL.jpg

I've been bike-less for a couple years while finishing up school. This is my first liter bike and I have previously had only Honda sportbikes: f4i, 03 600rr, 07 600rr

First impression (after 130 miles):

So far I am very impressed...braking is phenomenal and handling is on par with 07+600rr. Ergos are slightly more aggressive than 07+ 600rr and more like 03-06 600rr. I can't really comment on power yet as the bike is neutered with a 9000 rpm rev limiter until the first service...still pretty quick though. Not overly impressed with the transmission (little notchy)...hopefully this will improve with break-in. However, the clutchless upshifting is a thing of beauty with the stock quickshifter. I haven't touched the suspension yet, so no comment there. Overall build-quality is definitely a notch above the Japanese bikes I'm used to.

Now if only it wasn't so damn ugly! ;)

Love the new s1000rr. Is it ok to go past the 9000rpm rev limiter for the first 600 miles. I did it a couple times lol :cool:

Thanks everybody! Definitely feels good to be riding again. I'll be riding it from Mt. Vernon to Cincinnati this Sunday. I plan on taking the long way (through Hocking Hills) so I'll get a chance to put some miles on it!

Ugly?! I would do unspeakable things to that bike...

A lot of people don't like the asymmetrical headlights...personally I think it looks great!

Damn that bmw has everything. Can it make you breakfast in bed?

No breakfast in bed, but it has traction control, ABS, wheelie control, quickshifter...and heated grips! :D

Nice I seriously considered one when I bought my Zx-10 but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the 10. How is the gearing on those?

Gearing seems good, but I don't like my bikes geared too low either. I like the rpms to be reasonable for cruising on the highway.

Who let this hooligan buy another motorcycle, let alone a BMW 1000RR?!

I call dibs on being the first 2-up passenger! :cheers:

I know, right? I almost couldn't believe they just let me drive it away from the dealership like that! I'll leave the pegs on for ya buddy! ;)