Remington 700 stock swap questions

scottie.harris

Ok so i decided to build my 700 as a long range rifle, but was wondering if a simple stock swap could add a magazine feed system? I currently have the ADL(which doesnt have a hinged floor plate) and if i buy one that is a hinged floor plate will it work?

I really like the B&C Medalist Tactical but "Fits heavy barrel models with hinged floorplate" as their site says.

99-small.jpg

So in short, can i swap a non drop plate model for a drop model stock and if i can would a magazine system work on it?

Yes, but you'll need to find one that has bottom metal for that built in. Any of the chassis systems should get you there, Accuracy International ACIS, XLR, Mcree etc.. If you want more of a stock based thing, look at the Manners stock with mini chassis. All the ones I just mentioned all use AI mags. HS Precision has their own mag system thats available in ready to go stocks.

I'm currently building one of these now, and after a long time looking into it, you'll either need to buy one pre-fit like Walther said, or you'll need to get one inletted for your bottom metal.

I'm going to inlet and install my own bottom metal on an aftermarket stock, and you just need to do some research on which stocks fit your barrel contour and also fit the required inlet for you DBM kit.