Anyone planning a WNF ride in the near future?

1fasttc

I just got back from riding today in the rain and all I have to say is wow! We had an epic blast. Not one other sole there, I can safely say my wife is pissed trying to clean my gear lol. I am checking the GoPro to see what kind of footage I got, it was quite challenging conditions today for me at least, my buddy on his 06 YFZ450 had no issues.  

depends where you go. some of the trails are very thin, filled in by vegetation for the spring season, then widen back up in the fall. I would say most trails fit a sport quad comfortably.

Last time we were there we got stuck behind slow moving side by sides we decided it wasnt worth the expense of going there anymore. WNF is missing out on so many trail pass purchases without bike friendly single track. Absolutely no reason why dirt bike guys are forced to ride quad paths.

All the more reason the clubs that put on the enduros and dual sport rides get my money. Doing the Flint Ridge dual sport Sunday... Man I'm ready to ride me some singletrack!

Last time we were there we got stuck behind slow moving side by sides we decided it wasnt worth the expense of going there anymore. WNF is missing out on so many trail pass purchases without bike friendly single track. Absolutely no reason why dirt bike guys are forced to ride quad paths.

All the more reason the clubs that put on the enduros and dual sport rides get my money. Doing the Flint Ridge dual sport Sunday... Man I'm ready to ride me some singletrack!

i do know how you feel on that, but if the WNF pass was enforced Side by Sides DO NOT fit the size limits. Maximum width is 50" which most sport quads come VERY close to. Unless there is a side by side that I have missed, none of them fit that restriction. 

Thursday was a prime example of the trails being quite difficult, due to large ruts. Then again, clay + heavy rain = extreme slick, so it was a challenge to ride any how. If its dry I can really fly through the trails regardless of the berm/rut created by quads, so it does not bother me at all, since all this is created at a motocross event after several laps.

My 02 WR250F is street legal but I do not insure for that as I never ride it on the street. However I do have a 08 WR450F project that will hopefully be done by the end of the summer. It will be setup as a supermoto, but I have the dirt tires for it. If that gets completed then I will do some of the Enduro/Dual Sport events this year or next.

i do know how you feel on that, but if the WNF pass was enforced Side by Sides DO NOT fit the size limits. Maximum width is 50" which most sport quads come VERY close to. Unless there is a side by side that I have missed, none of them fit that restriction. 

The razr 800 is 50". So you missed the most popular model. The Razr S or the 900's are over the limit..http://www.polaris.com/en-us/rzr-side-by-side/trail-vehicle/ranger-rzr-800/specifications

Edited by M_Quick

The razr 800 is 50". So you missed the most popular model. The Razr S or the 900's are over the limit..http://www.polaris.com/en-us/rzr-side-by-side/trail-vehicle/ranger-rzr-800/specifications

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info

Wanted out from under that dirty tree.  Its better where we got em now.  Not all packed in like sardines over there.

Might go down this weekend.

I'm down, let me know

Sounds like a plan to me. Father's Day is Sunday so no ride for me on Sunday.

Hopefully it's not too hot. I still haven't found an A/C unit.

I still got that window unit you can jerry rig, until you get the roof mount one if you want it

Wanted out from under that dirty tree.  Its better where we got em now.  Not all packed in like sardines over there.

Might go down this weekend.

Yea tree's are nice for the shade, but not so nice on that new roof coating. Trailer was looking good btw.

I am thinking about going down Friday night and riding Saturday.

Wish I could make it down, but my son is in the High School All Star football game Saturday. He just graduated and was voted 2nd team athlete of the year for his performance on the football field. 

I still got that window unit you can jerry rig, until you get the roof mount one if you want it

I've got one its just that there is no rigging it. It's either a permanent fixture or not. I don't want to do it until I'm sure that a newer rooftop unit isn't an option.

As long as it isn't 90 opening the windows and running a couple fans works great.

I've got one its just that there is no rigging it. It's either a permanent fixture or not. I don't want to do it until I'm sure that a newer rooftop unit isn't an option.

As long as it isn't 90 opening the windows and running a couple fans works great.

Friday Night the weather is showing low of 50F, 81 on Sat afternoon