looking for riders in Columbus

silentcropduster

I can think of like 10 that I ride with just got done riding with 3 of them lol. But most don't like ridding around town shit gets boring going from light to light. If I do ride around town its usually at night other than that my ass heads to hocking and what not.

Pokeys on that shit lol, didn't see ya at the meet man was gonna say hi!

I had the purty neutron silver Concours 1400 and I was leading a group ride with varying speeds. I am for sure up for a ride "especially on Sundays" just let me know sometime. :cool:

08 Concours 1400.....ur bike is freggin 1,400 cc's. Mines a whopping 650 :nono:

Anyways...how often do you ride?

Size does not matter, trust me. Yes it pulls like a freight train when you whack the throttle, but your 650 is much lighter and much more nimble. I could probably wax many faster bikes in the twistys with my WR250R than if I were on a more powerful bike. Now when the road straightens out it is a whole other ball game. :eek: I am easing back into riding since shoulder surgery, and yesterday was a pretty good test. I hope to get out on Sat or Sunday every weekend for a bit, some quick rides and some long rides. I host a rally every Laborday weekend, you should consider coming if you want to ride some fun roads. :)

I am in Westerville. :)

Hey, me too!

I could use some people to ride with. Are they any decent roads closer around Westerville/Columbus besides going to Hocking or other places at least 1-2 hours away?

Around here, I usually ride around Worthington Road, Africa Road, Jaycox, Cheshire, etc... Those are the "best" roads I've managed to find that are still somewhat close.

Hey, me too!

I could use some people to ride with. Are they any decent roads closer around Westerville/Columbus besides going to Hocking or other places at least 1-2 hours away?

Around here, I usually ride around Worthington Road, Africa Road, Jaycox, Cheshire, etc... Those are the "best" roads I've managed to find that are still somewhat close.

We are about 45 min or less from the start of allot of great riding. Pick up 541 off 62 and ride to Coshocton, then up 83 is a nice close route. Hocking is only 45 min away, and the ride down to Marietta is well worth it. Head South to where I am from and ride 247/73/41 all down in southern Ohio is fabulous too. Basically NE/SE/East and South has fantastic riding in Ohio, well worth whatever jaunt it takes to get there. :cool:

Hey, me too!

Riding down 315 (w no traffic) is decent, but deer suck. I rode around Hoover tonight, which was nice but it took me like 30 mins to clean my helmet, stupid mosquito's!

Size does not matter, trust me. Yes it pulls like a freight train when you whack the throttle, but your 650 is much lighter and much more nimble. I could probably wax many faster bikes in the twistys with my WR250R than if I were on a more powerful bike. Now when the road straightens out it is a whole other ball game. :eek: I am easing back into riding since shoulder surgery, and yesterday was a pretty good test. I hope to get out on Sat or Sunday every weekend for a bit, some quick rides and some long rides. I host a rally every Laborday weekend, you should consider coming if you want to ride some fun roads. :)

You have almost triple the engine I do haha, but I do weigh like 200 lbs less lol

im up right off bethel / henderson. i'll be around for most of the summer but bike will be in shop until the 18th or so of this month. i'd be down for some weekend rides if anyone knows some good roads around the area, haven't gotten out much since i moved here unfortunately.

Westerville here, and Pokey's right - lots of great riding within a short shot. Mt Vernon via 3 is a pleasant ride, then back via 13 or other options.

I'd totally be into rides less than a couple hours or so in duration. My neck and back sometimes limit me from much longer, so I like to play it conservatively. Anywho, I have a Nighthawk standard/sport bike and a VStar cruiser that can both keep up nicely.

Westerville here, and Pokey's right - lots of great riding within a short shot. Mt Vernon via 3 is a pleasant ride, then back via 13 or other options.

I'd totally be into rides less than a couple hours or so in duration. My neck and back sometimes limit me from much longer, so I like to play it conservatively. Anywho, I have a Nighthawk standard/sport bike and a VStar cruiser that can both keep up nicely.

My SV def limits me from a comfort stand point. More than 1 1/2 - 2 hrs riding and im in pain!

My SV def limits me from a comfort stand point. More than 1 1/2 - 2 hrs riding and im in pain!

Arthritic neck and lower back here, with some stenosis and facet nerve compression. So, yea, I know what you mean. But I'm going to ride as long as I can - surgery will come at some point, and it'll impose it's own break. Aging is no game for sissies.