Thinking about looking for a Kalashnikov

fazer1sniper

most are still out of stock. Can be found American made in the 550-650 range.

Which isn't a bad price considering inflation.

This one is interesting and in stock. Combo of German and American precision.

And has the traditional AK look and feel.

East German DDR AK 47 7.62x39mm Rifle $899.00

There's certainly nothing wrong with the reliability of an AK.

Hits quite hard and good accuracy out to 400 yards.

If you ever see a milled receiver AK at stamped receiver prices,

you should definitely consider buying it. There's not many of those around.

edit: one more

Romanian AK47 7.62x39 WASR-10 #AKAGUN20

also available here:

http://www.jgsales.com/-p-3448.html

Edited by ReconRat

What sucks is to me they are a $300 turd of a rifle. To see them going for a grand or more makes me want to vomit.

It's a brave new world.

A Century WASR10 is a $300 rifle. My Arsenal/Saiga SGL21 is awesome and I wouldn't let it go for whatever K-Var is selling them for new these days.

What sucks is to me they are a $300 turd of a rifle. To see them going for a grand or more makes me want to vomit.

It's a brave new world.

Maybe you should consider an SKS? They are not as popular but fire the same round, cost half as much and IMHO are better guns and more accurate than the AK47. Down side, they have 10 round capacity stock and use clips, just so you can piss of your friends by saying, "My clip is empty". :rolleyes:

True, the SKS is a better made rifle over there AK's...

I decided to take my mad money for fire arms to upgrade my AR's and maybe my 870 if the cash lasts and snag more ammo as I see it. So far 3 magpul BAD levers and trigger guards. Over 20 years of training on the AR and I gotta say that part realy speeds up reloads. If I can master it. Looking at optics for 2 of them. Ebay bidding and hard core researching specs on the parts I'm looking at. I'm betting on the "scare" ending at some point and ammo can be obtained. If not, I'll grab what is in arms reach and run that. My daughter on her second tour has me setting up an AR for her too. And a Colt 70 series that's gonna get chopped up to her liking. Damn.... I thought the bikes were expensive....