New Bike

Hirtzi

I rode a CBR1000 and R1 last summer at a local dealer and preferred the Honda. It seemed easier to ride briskly and was more confidence inspiring(for me) I'm not a track star though so that might be why I liked it better..

Bike rags always favor the Honda for comfort and ability to be ridden faster with less effort. It loses out by being a very good bike and boring compared to the 1000RR.

Kawi and Euro bikes are the only ones with all the nanny aides right now.

Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha haven't gone full nanny yet but you can expect most will be there in 2014.

(Yamaha has gone ride-by-wire on the Tenere but I can't recall if any of that is in the current sport bikes. Also, bike rags are speculating Yamaha will be a triple in 2014, based on Yamaha releasing the motor.)

Honda has made mention of a V4 sport bike. Nothing confirming if it will replace the CBR but I have to think it will, just to smack Aprilla in WSBK.

No clue on what Suzuki is planning.

In short, you might want to wait until the fall or start watching for sales. Honda blew out 2008 CBR1ks for $6,800 when the 2010s were coming out. No idea if that will happen again but I would be suprised if there are not sales deals toward the end of this year.

if price isn't a issue go for the bmw s1000rr or the hp4 version if you're serious that price isn't an issue.

the bmw will smoke a busa in a drag race and still corners like a proper sportbike. it's a bad ass machine. the msrp is right around 15-16k. the hp4 is way up there in the 20's.