Pocket guns

Bad324

Just sold my Beretta last night and I am now coveting a pocket gun in 9mm for better summer carry. I really want a 9mm but may be convinced into a .380 again if its a steal of a deal and NOT an LCP

Can anyone give me opinions on these or add to the list of options I haven't thought of:

Kahr CM9

Kel-Tec PF9

Ruger LC9 (low on the list due to my dislike of the LCP)

I like the Nano and Shield however I think they are just a bit too big for what I'm looking for. The above 3 I've never handled so not sure their size comparison to the nano and shield

After owning a variety of .380 pocket pistols that I didn't completely trust. I am extremely happy with my Bodyguard .380. The build quality is impressive, even more than my M&P which is also quite nice. It's been 100% reliable with every type of ammo I've tried (even crappy Aluminum Blazer that chokes other 380s).

I doubt you find one for a 'steal' though.

If you're set on a 9, the CM9 is definitely a step above the PF9.

After owning a variety of .380 pocket pistols that I didn't completely trust. I am extremely happy with my Bodyguard .380. The build quality is impressive, even more than my M&P which is also quite nice. It's been 100% reliable with every type of ammo I've tried (even crappy Aluminum Blazer that chokes other 380s).

I doubt you find one for a 'steal' though.

If you're set on a 9, the CM9 is definitely a step above the PF9.

+1

The Bodyguard has been 100% reliable, surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot. I just can't love any of the pocket 9s right now.

+1

The Bodyguard has been 100% reliable, surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot. I just can't love any of the pocket 9s right now.

The design, materials, build quality, are reliability are so much better than the Keltec, DB, Ruger, etc. Once I handled one, I had to buy it.

Just sold my Beretta last night and I am now coveting a pocket gun in 9mm for better summer carry. I really want a 9mm but may be convinced into a .380 again if its a steal of a deal and NOT an LCP

Can anyone give me opinions on these or add to the list of options I haven't thought of:

Kahr CM9

Kel-Tec PF9

Ruger LC9 (low on the list due to my dislike of the LCP)

I like the Nano and Shield however I think they are just a bit too big for what I'm looking for. The above 3 I've never handled so not sure their size comparison to the nano and shield

Sig makes a pretty sweet pocket 9mm. Around 600-700$

Airweight!

Of the ones you listed, I like the PF9 the best and the price is right at $270 (Unless these have gone through the roof also)

I personally won't buy another Kel tec. Kel Tec has really neat designs, but they use cheap materials and their build quality is inconsistent (loose tolerances, rough edges, etc). You can get lucky and get a good one...or not.

For pocket carry I would suggest a revolver. Bodyguard 38 special is what I carry. Also the S&W 642 models. You can't beat them for being small, light, easy to carry and get out and reliability.

LCR

Better trigger and more comfortable to hold than the S&W IMHO.

Do think that snubbies make better pocket pistols as they are more tolerant of dirt and neglect than semi-autos especially the ultra small semis.

Craig

The ruger lc9 is alittle big, I had the kel tec 9 thats very compact, but to me had some decent recoil on it, its pretty aaccurate though. Gun show this weekend at berea fairgrounds since you live close by like me..you get one there..?

I see some revolver posts.... So I'll throw in my 1.85$..... Shrouded hammer smiths are the way to go. My 642 sees more hip-time/pocket time than any other gun that I've owned. Needless to say, we're not talking about a dozen or 2. Easy to shoot, fool-proof, and very concealable. I often just drop it in my front pocket and away, I go. I hang left.

I see some revolver posts.... So I'll throw in my 1.85$..... Shrouded hammer smiths are the way to go. My 642 sees more hip-time/pocket time than any other gun that I've owned. Needless to say, we're not talking about a dozen or 2. Easy to shoot, fool-proof, and very concealable. I often just drop it in my front pocket and away, I go. I hang left.

I was looking at these yesterday. My wife wants a wheel gun for her purse and one of these may be just the ticket.

I was looking at these yesterday. My wife wants a wheel gun for her purse and one of these may be just the ticket.

I've put a couple thousand rounds through mine. Once you get a feel for when the intentionally long trigger pull breaks, you will find it extremely accurate and controllable. I have the 642, but I have no doubt that the 638 would perform as well.