I am faster than you all

Scruit

California for a database tech conference. Sitting at the hotel bar right now drinking Guinness in Santa Clara. The guys next to me are British. Keeping my gob shut as I can't be arsed to get into a conversation.

Lots of geeks talking about databases and MySQL/percona stuff. And I'm setting here dressed like I just finished fixing a car. Total stealth mode.

California for a database tech conference. Sitting at the hotel bar right now drinking Guinness in Santa Clara. The guys next to me are British. Keeping my gob shut as I can't be arsed to get into a conversation.

Lots of geeks talking about databases and MySQL/percona stuff. And I'm setting here dressed like I just finished fixing a car. Total stealth mode.

Seriously? Wish I'd know you were going. I chose to do a DB2 training instead.

So do you Brits not like talking to other Brits?

Depends on my mood. Generally as soon as I open my mouth that is considered an open invitation to ask about where I came from, why I emigrated, etc. even worse from Brits because they tend to feel some kind of kinship with me and think I will talk their ear off all evening.

I just got done with 6 hours of flying, 3 hours sitting at airports, I'm supposed to be asleep already, I just want some food, a beer and go to bed. It is easier to stifle the conversation right now than look for awkward excuses later.

Soooo... you were flying west? Technically that would make you slower than all of us who stayed in Ohio... relative to space, and lets face it, that's the most important frame of reference :D

So I was was actually flying east, backwards, at 415mph...? Mind. Totally. Blown.