who uses Rotella T6

Hoblick

I only change it once every three years or 12,000 miles, whichever happens first. Too expensive otherwise. As for the cct fapping, well, whatever it does in there in the privacy of its engine case is okay with me.

j/k

I don't let the oil go much over 3k. Don't know if the cct is tapping or not - not even sure what to listen for. Not too experienced in that area. Seems to run okay plus wearing earplugs most of the time when riding.

Edited by DAC

I've put 300,000 miles on my cars & bikes with nothing but T6 in them. Never an issue, no engine problems whatsoever. I run the oil a long time, too, 10k in the cars & trucks and usually 3-4k in the bike (street bike).

You mean the imaginary street bike? :D

With about 2k miles, I feel like the t6 is ready to be changed... I was really hoping for more miles from it.. Maybe I'll break down and change my front cct and try the t6 again... It still feels fine, but the tapping drives me crazy... It never tapped with fresh oil, but now it's almost non stop for the first 15 minutes of riding (I guess until the cct gets well oiled or something)... It's not a valve tap, definitely the cct... Seeing bad reviews on castrol, hit and miss on amsoil, and mostly good with m1....haven't decided what to try next.. Guess all bikes are different

With about 2k miles, I feel like the t6 is ready to be changed... I was really hoping for more miles from it.. Maybe I'll break down and change my front cct and try the t6 again... It still feels fine, but the tapping drives me crazy... It never tapped with fresh oil, but now it's almost non stop for the first 15 minutes of riding (I guess until the cct gets well oiled or something)... It's not a valve tap, definitely the cct... Seeing bad reviews on castrol, hit and miss on amsoil, and mostly good with m1....haven't decided what to try next.. Guess all bikes are different

http://www.google.com/search?q=honda+cam+tensioner+failure&ei=msh1UfqsBoKwrQG3uICQCg&start=0&sa=N&biw=480&bih=268

A different brand of oil is not going to help your problem. Honda has a problem making a tensioners that are not failure prone. I think it would be wise to change it. Another forum member with a VFR just changed his because of failure.

I doubt it's the T6

I run it in all my vehicles and my vision for about 10k miles and ran it in my zx14 since it had 200 miles on it drag racing and hooliganism and all and it was right about 28k when I traded it no problems at all. For the vehicles I run purolator pure 1 filter was running the same on zx14 till I saw warning on purolator site not to use pure 1 filter on bikes so I switched to wix filters from oriellys I think I'm going to switch all the vehicles to wix now too.

I started running the T6 in my 1000rr this season and have always ran the Rotella T 15w40 in all of my previous bikes. Also have the 15w40 in my 7.3L F350. No complaints here.

• 2 months later...

Couple things: my previous comment about the oil, I take back. I got here to AZ and put another 1k miles on the vfr and no tapping at all....im guessing it might have been a valve issue, maybe they needed adjusted and didnt like the cold. i even gained 10mpg just moving out to the heat (42mpg vs 32 mpg).

Also, is the T6 safe for high temps? Summer months spike into the 120s here on occasion (119 yesterday)....I have read some concerns about 5w40 being too light, and that I need a 10w50 for anything over 110....but I would think since its a synthetic and I plan to change it every 3-5k, it would be fine for the summer heat, right?

LOVE Rotella , Love it.

Cheap enough to change it literally as often as I want- once, twice a season. 

go to http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/  website and read up on it, its highly rated, highly approved 

love it, used it exclusively in my Ford Diesel Banks turbo 4wd pickup.

love it

I ran the Rotella Syn in my 7.3 Powerstroke and was never thrilled with it. Made lots of noise on start up, BLACK in a matter of days and it seemed to burn a two quarts between changes at 4k. No doubt it worked, but left lots of room for improvement. Switched to the Amsoil full syn and immediately had less noise at start up, burned ZERO oil for the rest of the 30,000 miles I had the truck, picked up 2-3 MPGs and could go well over 5500-6k miles before the oil started changing dark. 

The rotella was originally designed for Diesels. I think it sucked in my diesel, so i just can't see how it could be a great in my bike. Yes it probably "works" fine, but i'm sure there has to be a better oil for bikes because it was designed for that specific application (ie higher temps, higher RPMs, clutch/transmission use).

I have ran all kinds of oil in may different bikes/atvs/cars/trucks and Amsoil as a brand across the board is the one i'm most satisfied with in all applications. Price is not something that I would worry about for the oil in my toys, if the best cost money than so be it. Though may not be worth it to everyone. Run what you want...