Cop pulls gun on drive-thru customer because of slow service

Scruit

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/288918/40/Cop-in-slow-McDonalds-line-accused-of-aiming-gun-at-customer-ahead-of-himg

A police officer who was waiting in the drive-thru line at a McDonald's restaurant in Forsyth County is accused of pulling a gun on the customer ahead of him because the officer was angry at having to wait for his food.

I know I keep saying "innocent until proven guilty" but when the act is caught on video then he'll need a DAMN good defense to get out of this...

Any response would create a threat to the whackjob officer and could make him pull the trigger. Grabbing the gun, producing your own weapon, hitting the gas etc.

He did the only thing he could, become compliant.

It's a little late to start thinking about self defense when you have a gun nuzzled up against your temple.

You joke, but an elbow is probably all he had from that position...

Seriously, though...

You can't defend from that position. It's too late. If you fight back you are going to get hurt. It's a split-second judgement call on if the guy is going to hurt you anyway, where you might as well fight back because you have nothing to lose... or is her just being an asshole and he'll not hurt you if you comply.

It's a horrible position to put someone in.

Yea kinda, I would rather live catches and a trail as opposed to just taking thier word for it he did it. You know like Sandy Hook, the LA cop guy and countless others

For everyone who wants a confession, there's someone who doesn't want to pay to let these guys live out 60-70 years of 3 hots and a cot on our dime...

First response was "comply" until I read the article. Plain clothes + unmarked car + failure to identify self as cop + gun in my face = a very good case for a self-Defence shooting.

Not that it makes it right, but I'm sure this dipshit kid was having a fun fest with his co-workers and was holding up the line. Would have irritated me too, but not gun-in-the-face irritated.

Upon what do you base the assertion that the hold-up was intentional, or that the driver knew the mcd's staff?

He worked there, but was off that day. Pure speculation based on age and he works at McDonalds and at that particular McDonalds and he wants to get in the pants of LaDaisy who was crew leader that evening while manning the drive through.

• Upvote 1