Mid-O

Hutch

Well I wrecked on Saturday. First motorcycle wreck ever! Stooooopid mistake. I ended up running in the fastest group in Novice with a coworker who used to do a lot of track days about 10 years ago. The pace was by far the fastest I've ever ridden and at first it was a bit beyond my skill level but I got comfortable with it after the first session or two and was having a blast by lunch time. From the pictures it looks like my body position is much better and I really improved my lines through some of my problem corners. First time I was able to get my knees down in every corner (except through the first part of the chicane)!

The session after lunch is where it all went wrong. We were doing the "leap frog" excercise when we got all out of order due to some older first timers putting around the track and a thunderstorm was just about to hit us. I was distracted and kinda blew T9, then went wide going into T10. Clipped the grass, then target fixated horribly and went right across the track and into the gravel pit. I thought I almost saved it, but the bike dug into the gravel too much and down I went. I think I went over the bars. My helmet is a bit scuffed up, I have a small tear in my suit, and my right hip is bruised, but other than that it wasn't bad. The easiest corner on the track and I managed to dick it up lol. It was still my best track day ever...

Debating what to do with my bike though, it needs about $300 in parts to fix it if I just get the whole front cowl assembly off ebay. I really want a track bike and a street bike though. Should I fix the R6 (2004, 18k miles), sell it for around $3500-4000 maybe, then buy an already built track bike or just buy some race fairings and call it a day?

A track bike will run 2500-3500 depending on how much you want to spend. Sounds like its time to convert yours and ride it like you stole it. Keep the fairings and sell it as a street bike when you want to get rid of it.

Sorry to hear you went down. It must hurt even worse being in your street bike too????

Yea, thats what I'm thinking. It just sucks not having a bike to ride while I'm waiting on parts! Anyone have a cheap set of race fairings that will fit a 2004 R6? I'm working on trying to find a Speed Triple or Super Duke for street duty...

Anybody from here going 7/1, 7/2?

looking at the forecast now. I'll be in novice. Although, havent signed up due to the rain, so I might show up and see if I can still get in

Edited by Saacattack

Twilight was great tonight! I heard someone say there was only like 13 bikes plus control riders. Either way it was like having the track to yourself and NO RAIN.

Do you know a guy named Brad that was there? He was probably there, rides a BMW S1000rr, won free track days for this year. He and his friend Dave have talked me into doing my first Novice on the 16th.

Do you know a guy named Brad that was there? He was probably there, rides a BMW S1000rr, won free track days for this year. He and his friend Dave have talked me into doing my first Novice on the 16th.

I do. Thats who I do most of my track days with. How do you know him? He wasn't there for the twilight though. Track was awesome, was told only 15 riders registered.

• Upvote 1

I do. Thats who I do most of my track days with. How do you know him? He wasn't there for the twilight though. Track was awesome, was told only 15 riders registered.

He goes to the same gym I do, we've both gone there for years, same with Dave who's got an R1. I'm only planning on doing probably 1 track day this year though, my 919 isn't necessary the ideal track bike. I'm planning on getting an SV650S the end of this season or beginning of next for primarily track days for next year, and save up some money for either a pickup or cargo van for transportation. For the 16th I'm either going to have to ride it up and strip it at the track or see if I can hitch a ride with someone's who's got trailer/pickup space.

He goes to the same gym I do, we've both gone there for years, same with Dave who's got an R1. I'm only planning on doing probably 1 track day this year though, my 919 isn't necessary the ideal track bike. I'm planning on getting an SV650S the end of this season or beginning of next for primarily track days for next year, and save up some money for either a pickup or cargo van for transportation. For the 16th I'm either going to have to ride it up and strip it at the track or see if I can hitch a ride with someone's who's got trailer/pickup space.

Cool, check with brad on the 16th. Normally, I would be taking his bike in my trailer but I'm taking the 16th off. I'll be there the 15th, 17th and 18th.

Cool, check with brad on the 16th. Normally, I would be taking his bike in my trailer but I'm taking the 16th off. I'll be there the 15th, 17th and 18th.

Ah, ok. I remember him telling me he had someone who he normally took his bike up with in a trailer. I'm guessing he'll use his pickup... If it'd work out better, I could do the 15th instead, I don't even know if Brad's planning on doing all the 15th through 18th... He said he's doing all of em since it's free for him, but that's a lot in a row, heh. I still need to call Mid-Ohio though to buy a spot. Brad said to check into their gift certificate since he thinks if you do that, you can change days if it happens to rain, so you can switch.

He invited me to go up to the most recent Saturday twilight in June to check it out, see how it's organized etc, but I was riding most of the day. I was still planning on going up, but got back later than I thought, started to head up there at 6:30pm and ran into a massive downpour on 71-N on my way, so I figured people probably called it quits at the track by then. Tried to call him to see if he was still there, but his phone was off.

Ah, ok. I remember him telling me he had someone who he normally took his bike up with in a trailer. I'm guessing he'll use his pickup... If it'd work out better, I could do the 15th instead, I don't even know if Brad's planning on doing all the 15th through 18th... He said he's doing all of em since it's free for him, but that's a lot in a row, heh. I still need to call Mid-Ohio though to buy a spot. Brad said to check into their gift certificate since he thinks if you do that, you can change days if it happens to rain, so you can switch.

He invited me to go up to the most recent Saturday twilight in June to check it out, see how it's organized etc, but I was riding most of the day. I was still planning on going up, but got back later than I thought, started to head up there at 6:30pm and ran into a massive downpour on 71-N on my way, so I figured people probably called it quits at the track by then. Tried to call him to see if he was still there, but his phone was off.

Think he's planning 15-16th. 17th and 18th are wera races. Gonna be my first time racing.

Think he's planning 15-16th. 17th and 18th are wera races. Gonna be my first time racing.

Awesome, good luck. They aren't in the evening are they? May be tempted to come watch if I could go after work. I'd love to eventually get into the 650 v-twin race class, but I'm sure that'll be a while, if ever, heh.