who voted for the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty

Gump

Over the weekend, we came four votes away from the United States Senate giving our Constitutional rights over to the United Nations. In a 53-46 vote, the senate narrowly passed a measure that will stop the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.

The Statement of Purpose from the bill read:

To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.

The U.N. Small Arms Treaty, which has been championed by the Obama Administration, would have effectively placed a global ban on the import and export of small firearms. The ban would have affected all private gun owners in the U.S., and had language that would have implemented an international gun registry on all private guns and ammo.

Astonishingly, 46 of our United States Senators were willing to give away our Constitutional rights to a foreign power.

Here are the 46 senators that voted to give your rights to the U.N.

Baldwin (D-WI)

Baucus (D-MT)

Bennet (D-CO)

Blumenthal (D-CT)

Boxer (D-CA)

Brown (D-OH)

Cantwell (D-WA)

Cardin (D-MD)

Carper (D-DE)

Casey (D-PA)

Coons (D-DE)

Cowan (D-MA)

Durbin (D-IL)

Feinstein (D-CA)

Franken (D-MN)

Gillibrand (D-NY)

Harkin (D-IA)

Hirono (D-HI)

Johnson (D-SD)

Kaine (D-VA)

King (I-ME)

Klobuchar (D-MN)

Landrieu (D-LA)

Leahy (D-VT)

Levin (D-MI)

McCaskill (D-MO)

Menendez (D-NJ)

Merkley (D-OR)

Mikulski (D-MD)

Murphy (D-CT)

Murray (D-WA)

Nelson (D-FL)

Reed (D-RI)

Reid (D-NV)

Rockefeller (D-WV)

Sanders (I-VT)

Schatz (D-HI)

Schumer (D-NY)

Shaheen (D-NH)

Stabenow (D-MI)

Udall (D-CO)

Udall (D-NM)

Warner (D-VA)

Warren (D-MA)

Whitehouse (D-RI)

Wyden (D-OR)

He's crowd pleasing hypocrit. I ream on his facebook when I get the chance. Lots of other people call him out on his actions as well. I shold send his letter back to him and ask for an explanation.

actual verbage from the treaty itself...

the treaty reaffirms “the sovereign right of any State to regulate and control conventional arms exclusively within its territory, pursuant to its own legal or constitutional system.”

clearly the UN is after your guns :rolleyes:

it's okay though, Iran and North Korea blocked it..

I was under the impression that entering the treaty would only potentially effect sale of some firearms across borders. I'm not saying that we (I) want that, but, I guess from what little I've read, I thought that it would have almost no effect on private ownership inside the US with exception to those wanting to purchase foreign arms directly from a company not in the US. Someone educate me with some facts. :)

For crying out loud Gump, read the actual accord and not someone's paranoid interpretation - it does absolutely nothing to the second amendment. Geesh. Actually it's quite the opposite - it strengthens UN respect for in-country light arms rule making.

On a serious note would or would this not have blocked arm sales of say foreign gun manufacturers to US importers for resale or is it on a personal level of purchasing? Confused.

the treaty wasn't about banning the ownership of guns however it was seen as an erosion of rights and an intrusion of other nations telling us how to go about our business

BINGO!!!! And FUCK the United Nations!!!!!

• Upvote 1

On a serious note would or would this not have blocked arm sales of say foreign gun manufacturers to US importers for resale or is it on a personal level of purchasing? Confused.

I don't think it BLOCKS the sale of arms to US importers, just makes it so that they have to go through a specified process. ... possibly making it a little more expensive in the long run, but not banning, blocking, or otherwise messing with our ability to own guns. I'm just going from my understanding though.... idk. ;)

I dunno. I never thought it had anything to Do with our right to own guns or buy guns locally but wondering if say ATI, whose an importer, would they still Be able to get them so that they could then sell them to us.

the treaty wasn't about banning the ownership of guns however it was seen as an erosion of rights and an intrusion of other nations telling us how to go about our business
BINGO!!!! And FUCK the United Nations!!!!!

I completely agree with the above statements.

We need to all send this to Brown and ask him WTF!!

You dont have to ask him wtf. Hes a Democrat. Stripping you of your rights is what Democrats do.

I'm assuming that they would be able to say No to the import/export of ammunition. So that means all of you guys who shoot Mosins, AKs or anything else that uses cheap foreign made surplus will now effectively have fancy clubs.

Edited by 8mmDale

I thought it was to only regulate, like pharmaceuticals, which probably at the least would mean higher prices. I can't find any quick real facts on this.

I thought it was to only regulate, like pharmaceuticals, which probably at the least would mean higher prices. I can't find any quick real facts on this.

I havent seen much on it either. I heard from someone else thats pretty reliable that Germany signed on to it, and it will effectively eliminate surplus german ammo as well as parts kits and those old sig police pistols that places like Century imports. I dont think we will be able to get surplus uzi mags anymore either :(

It may only effect old stuff, not new manufactured stuff.