2 year old to the zoo?

4DAIVI PAI2K5

Have taken my nephews a few times both when they were that age and they loved it.

Warning: keep them out of the gift shop unless you are prepared to drop a $100 on a stuffed animal!! my nephews now have to get one everytime we go!

I took my son last year to the Columbus Zoo. He had just turned 3 and had a good time. Their are some animals there you can let them touch. They can brush the goats, pet stingrays and all sorts of stuff. The Newport aquarium is neat also. Try and find a day that may not be so busy. Navigating that place with a stroller in a PITA!

Many zoos have a petting zoo area just for that age group.

Not sure, but I think the Columbus zoo closed theirs?

Checking...

edit: not sure, but does look like the old petting zoo is gone.

Now has various pre-school activities scattered around the zoo.

There's places to get up close and touch animals.

Edited by ReconRat

Avoid the primates area if you don't want to address the "what are they doing?" Question or if you're a homophobe.

Sme kid asked that when I was there and told him the chimps just couldn5 quite jump over one another.

Have taken my nephews a few times both when they were that age and they loved it.

Warning: keep them out of the gift shop unless you are prepared to drop a $100 on a stuffed animal!! my nephews now have to get one everytime we go!

So much truth here with the warning.

My kids go to the zoo several times a summer since they were 2. It's good age. Once they see a live lion, they aren't going to want to get closer.

Many zoos have a petting zoo area just for that age group.

Not sure, but I think the Columbus zoo closed theirs?

Checking...

edit: not sure, but does look like the old petting zoo is gone.

Now has various pre-school activities scattered around the zoo.

There's places to get up close and touch animals.

Well thats just BS, why would they cut that? That was one of the places the kids always loved. You know they sell you a dixie cup of grain or corn and the kids love feeding the goats and what nots.